Chapter 22 - Liking

I see the decorations are almost done with Christmas tree at the centre of the hall adorned with bells, candy sticks, tree topper, tinsel and lights. Indeed this one's looking way too amazing and I must appreciate Rochelle, Sarah, Tacker and Emi for decorating the Christmas tree so beautifully. I am certainly getting a clear and positive vibe in Boston. Feels like everything is gonna be beautiful here, this journey is gonna be one of its best. I don't know why but all here seems so dear ones to me. My eyes pass through each and every member present here and my heart's just muttering, I hope everything remains like this always, we people always stay connected even after our graduation no matter where our destinations be. I hope we all be friends, FOREVER.

"Hey", a known female voice wakes me up from my thought as her soft, comforting hand is placed on my arm and I know who she is. "What are you thinking?" Annie asks smiling since she noticed my diverted attention.

"No no. Nothing. I was just hoping we all stay like this forever", I reply gasping the surrounding once again.

"Don't worry. Everything will remain like this. Now just enjoy your time with everyone here. It's Christmas tomorrow. By the way , have you brought any dress with you which you can wear at the party tomorrow?" Annie asks and I realized that I don't have any such dress since all I have with me are pair of comfy pants, denim jacket, crop tops, sweat shirt and woolen clothes. I am literally regretting my decision for not bringing any party wear because Emi told me millions of time to take at least one party type dress  since she was having inner vibe that we might be allowed to celebrate Christmas. Though I also wanted us to be allowed for the celebration but I was negative about teacher's approval and now I am regretting as I should have brought at least one.

"Actually, no. I didn't bring any such dress. Now I don't know what am I gonna do", I inform Annie but seriously what am I gonna wear? It will be like everyone will be dressed up nicely and I will look like someone casually dropped by the party. God please show some way, inner me praying constantly.

"Don't worry then. I have the solution", Annie grins.

"You have?" I'm surprised.

"Yes. I have. Come with me." She guides me to her room and making me sit on her comfy bed covered with sky blue bed sheet. She opens her closet and brings out and holds a beautiful off-shoulder maroon kind of fluffy gown with few small same color decorated flowers at below and and full work on upper part of waist. 

"This one's so beautiful", I exclaim getting up from bed as I go near to take a proper look at the gown. "It's yours?"

"Yes", Annie replies, "And you're gonna wear it tomorrow." Like what! She is allowing me to wear her such a beautiful gown!

"No. I mean , how can I wear this! It's yours", I protest still finding it hard to gulp.

"So what if it's mine, you're gonna wear this tomorrow and don't you dare to refuse. Listen Eila I don't know why I feel a strange sort of connection with you, so please don't refuse. I want you to wear this tomorrow. You'll look really beautiful in this. Moreover you don't have any dress to wear tomorrow. So take it." She's right that I don't have any dress to wear tomorrow. But I'll wear this because she considered me someone close to her and this means a lot and don't know why I also feel a sort of connection with Annie. 

"Okay, I'll wear this tomorrow. But what are you gonna wear then?" I ask her.

"Come one. I am a middle aged woman now. This teenage type gown doesn't suit me. Also, I think this will fit perfect on you since my figure was like yours when I was of your age", she giggled and I join her. "But yeah this was given by Zayn when I was a teenager like you", as she took Zayn's name I can feel the vehemence in her words. I don't say anything since words will seem valueless. "Okay, it's already too late now. Take this and go to sleep", she hands me the gown before I go out for my room thanking her.

On my way, while I'm trying to grab hold of the gown properly so that it doesn't roll on the floor, I stumble with a flower top in front of me which I indubitably didn't notice. As I'm about to fall on my chest, right then a hand grabs me from behind and I know.. I can feel the warmth of the bosom hand as it rises my cold creeps once again. It's Jim. I know his touch. The feeling I have when he touches me is different than any other touch. As his masculine hands grab me tight around my belly from my waist I can feel my inner self clinging towards him more and more in each split second. After I get stable he releases and saying,"Be careful. You were about to get hurt", I turn to face him while trying hard to avoid reddening.

"I'm sorry", I reply as I face him and there is clear sign of concern on his face. He cares if I get hurt or not? But why?

"It's okay. But don't move like this carelessly. Everytime I won't be around to hold you", as the words are out of his mouth, my breath hitches apart. Why won't he be there to hold me? He should be there. I don't know why but I just want him near me. With the surfing of these words in my mind I finally realize what I'm thinking. Why am I getting so attracted to him? Why do I need him so badly that a slight distance with rift me apart? But as always I have no answer to my questions. Does it always happen that you don't find answers to your own questions? Do they always remain unanswered? If not, then I can I find the answers!

"Sorry and Thank you", sorry and thank you is indubitably a weird combination as they expresses two different inkling at the same time which just touches the soul.

"It's okay. Take care next time. And this dress?" His vision shifts to the gown I'm holding.

"Oh, it's Annie's. I didn't bring any dress likely to be wore in a party so she gave me her gown to wear tomorrow", I inform.

"Ohh".

"Are you going to sleep now?" I ask.

"Yeah, why?", he asks, "Aren't you gonna sleep now?"

"I am going. Good night", I say adorning a smile on my face .

"Sleep tight", and he chuckles.

"And don't let the bedbugs bite", our faces lit up as we share a grin before heading to our respective rooms.

"God Eila. Where did you get this dress from?" Emi exclaims jumping down from bed as soon as I entered the room and her eyes shift to the gown in my hand.

"It's Annie's. She gave me to wear it for tomorrow since I did not bring any", I reply but her eyes are still dazzled over the gown. Waving my hand in front of her I bring her back to sense," Where are you lost?"

"Damn Eila, this one's so so beautiful. Crap, I also shouldn't have brought my dress then Annie would have lended me one such. My bad luck", she makes puppy face. "But, I must say you'll look really beautiful in this this. Jim will have a crush on you my girl", she teases giving a pat on my shoulder.

Though I am flushing but don't want her to notice me, "Shut up", I avoid her. Just then Winnie enters the room, "Guys would you mind if I switch off the light . I wanna sleep."

"Sure", I reply and immediately put the gown in the cupboard after which I turn off the lights and Winnie lies on her bed. But the thing constantly running in my mind is why Winnie lied to me then. Though I wanted to ask her but I don't think this to be the right time and eventually go for bed along with Emi. Just hoping everything goes well tomorrow.