Chapter 26 - Meteor Shower

"But I guess I should change my dress first as I don't wanna spoil Annie's gown", I tell him since I am wearing Annie's dress and on the sea I'm sure I can't resist myself from going near the water so I better change the dress.

"Okay, you change", he says but I guess he didn't realize what I actually said because if he had then he would have left the room by now as I can't change in front of him.

"Aa... How can I change if you are here!" I grin.

"Ooh. I..I'm sorry", he rubs the back of his head with an awkward smile. I can understand that! "You take your time, I'll wait outside".

"Don't you wanna change your outfit?" I pointer to his shirt and all which he wore for the party.

"No. I'm comfortable in this", actually he is comfortable I guess since he's not wearing anything heavy, he kept it simple and comfy.

As he heads out I shut the door and bring out a simple floral frock which lengths below my knees. Immediately I change my dress and go to the washroom to wipe off my makeup though the after glow of the makeup is still prevailing. I keep my hair open and wear a denim jacket on top of my dress as it's cold outside. Then slowly taking off the lenses I wear my usual round glasses as I'm not that much comfortable in lense. Finally getting ready I pack up Annie's gown properly. As I open the door I see Jim's waiting for me standing outside my room. Seeing me, " You are fast. I mean, Don't girls take a lot of time to get ready? You took less than 10 mins I guess", is what he says giggling.

"But I don't take Mr.Robo", I grin. Suddenly I realize that I actually called him robo in front of him. He stares at me in confusion and I know he must be wondering why I called him robo. But before he can ask anything I start, "Now move, I need to keep this gown in Annie's room". I move him aside with my hand and quickly run over to Annie's room at the ground floor and keep the gown while I see Jim's been following me all the way through. And again before he can say anything I hold is hand and quickly drag him out of the cottage and start for the sea-side. Wait... I am holding his hand! I think unto myself and he's not taking it off or saying anything. I don't wanna release. While walking I face him to see his expression and I find he is just staring at me with an unknown smile. I can't deny that there is a clear line of blush on my face and I know he noticed this. I turn in front of avoid the reddening of my cheeks.

By then I notice we already reached near the sea. It's not far, just a 5 mins walk. Letting go of his hand I immediately run near the sea, screaming in excitement, it's sooooo beautiful. Jim comes running behind me and holds my hand he pulling me towards him. "Now, first you have to tell me Miss.Eila why you called me robo?" I feel like laughing so hard which I'm trying to control. He's really too cute when he acts like this. But I guess now I should better tell him.

"Okay, listen".

"I am listening", he replies.

"Actually the first time I saw you I felt you are someone full of attitude. A complete weirdo. I mean fully Robotic. So, I often think of you as a Robo. But... please don't get angry. I like you the way you are. But I wanna call you a Robo forever and ever and ever", as I finish I see his expression is changing and he's laughing. He's laughing hard. What does this mean! I think he's not angry at me. 

"God, Eila. You really think I am a guy full of attitude? A weirdo? Robot?" He's gushing.

"Yes. No. I mean, yes and no both. Okay listen. Ummm.. I though at first that, you show a lot of attitude but I was wrong. It's just you are... different I should say. Weird in some case. You're also funny at times. And.... a ROBO", saying so I immediately bow down to get some water on my hand and splash it on his face laughingly. He stares at me with a broad smile on face and a wicked look in his eyes and I guess he's now gonna do the same with me. Without wasting a second further I begin to run followed by him. At this hour of night, with no one being around amidst this oceanic breeze, running and laughing to the fullest with him, I guess the best experience ever I can ever have. I'm not a fast runner and so he catches me and we both fall down on the grains of sand. Without any sense of anything else we are just keep looking at each other and smile.

I look up at the sky to see the stars but what I notice is.... Meteor shower.

"Jim look", I point towards the falling meteorite. "Meteor shower", I gush.

"Wowww. It's actually a falling meteorite. This looks so beautiful. I think there's more to come", he grins. But it's not the meteors that made this moment special, it's the person lying beside me. Lying by the sea on the grains of sand with the person you love and the sky carrying on its own movie of meteorites is the most romantic thing ever. I wish I could forever freeze this moment. 

As I turn to face him I see he's eyes are already focused on me. I don't know for how long he has been staring at me like this with a smile on his face which is too intimate to explain. I know I'm blushing but now I don't wanna hide it. "Why are you staring at me?" I ask.

"I want to that's why", he reply is straight. I must praise his straightforwardness. "By the way, are you planning to spend the whole night lying here on the sand? We need to go back since tomorrow we'll leave for Stowe", he reminds.

"I know that. But I don't wanna leave this place", I say making a puppy face.

"Neither do I. But we have to. Okay get up", he says and I do so as he get up too. "Let's go to that hut and rest for a while, then we'll go back", he says pointing towards the beach hut which is clearly empty now.

"It's not a bad idea I guess. Let's go", and we both go near the beach hut, climb the stairs and sit down leaning back on the wooden wall. "You know, I just loveeeee meteor showers", I say as I am finding it difficult to control this exhilaration.