Chapter 37 - Moments

"How did you manage to do all these?" I look into his eyes which are more than happy to watch me being happy.

"Well... before coming here I browsed if there's any amusement parks around. Then I thought and planned all these since Ferris Wheel is your favorite", yeah I told him once. "Then I informed Sam, Emi and others about my plan. We all reached here earlier to make all arrangements, collect the balloons while Emi's duty was to bring you here in right time. And that's it", he gushes explaining everything.

"So, my Robo worked really hard to impress me", I playfully smile.

"Ahhh I wanna rest", he acts resting is head on my shoulder to which I pat his head. 

"Excuse me", someone calls from back and we turn to see a photographer!

"Oh you. Work's done?" Jim tells him while I'm wondering what are they talking about.

"Here are all the photos", he hands Jim an envelope while he passes him the money.

"What is it?"

"Open it yourself", as I open I see all our past moments are captured. The photographer captured every bit of us from him giving me the rose to the balloons flying in the air. Everything! 

"I love you for this", I immediately give him a short hug and then release.

"I wanted to capture every moment of ours". I quickly open the envelope to see all the pictures and finally find two picture which looks best than the others. In one he is passing me the rose while I'm grabbing it and on the other we both are facing each other while seeing the sight of the balloons. 

"Okay. I'll keep this one with me always", I say him taking the proposal one while I give him the other which he puts in his wallet. I know it's a common thing for a boyfriend to keep his girlfriends' picture in his wallet but I feel there is some unusual vehemence in this usual doing.

"This will always be with me", he says and I keep rest of the photos in my bag. We need an album for keeping all the pictures. 

In the mean time our friends come and clap for us since Jim managed to propose me in front of all. Though people around us just noticed the proposal on Ferris Wheel, not the one when he gave me the rose expressing his feelings and I am glad for this since this would have become really difficult for me as well as him in front of everyone.  We chat for sometime as they are saying they enjoyed a lot doing all these but I don't see Winnie. My friends including other classmates helped in doing all these but Winnie's missing. "Where's Winnie?" I ask Jim.

"I don't know. She must be somewhere around", I guess so. I think she saw everything and that's why she's not here. 

"Anyway. I wanna ride the Ferris Wheel", I demand.

"Okay", he smiles grabbing my hand,"Bye guys. You all enjoy, we'll be back soon", Jim asserts to everyone.

.  .  .

Soon we are at the top! The view is just just just awesome. Luckily the wheel halted just when we reached the top position. Things can't be more beautiful than this. Though it is freezing cold at this top but I'm loving it. I so wish time stops right here and he'll be with me, by my side, forever! Why does it happen that you love someone so much but an unknown fear at a corner of your heart won't let you be in quietude? Why there remains some screaming trepidation which you can't unhear in either ways?

"Hey", he waves his hand in front of my face as I was lost in my own thinking. I face his eyes on which all I can see is eternal love for me. I'm just praying this to never fade.

"You know one thing?"

"What?" He questions.

"I heard Couples who kiss at the Ferris Wheel, always stay together", I blushingly say while he smirks looking at me. Without saying a thing further he is leaning closer to me. The moment he touches my face slowly removing strands of hair I could feel my breathe stuck in my throat. Every part of me is getting frozen by this closeness. The next moments his lips are on mine to which I immediately respond wrapping my arms around his neck while he pulls me by my waist. This was a short and sweet one. As we pull apart still his hand encircling my waist,"Now we'll always stay together", he gushes looking into my eyes. "But where did you hear so?" 

"Actually I heard this in a chinese drama years back", I remember I used to love C dramas earlier, in fact I was literally addicted to them. But I hope this saying turns true and we stay together. Forever!  Now I can't imagine my life without him anymore.

"Oh, I know you loved C dramas. You told me once" and we both laugh. The Ferries Wheel starts rotating again.

.  .  .

"Let's ride on Merry-go-round", Jim suggests but... as he pulls my hand I stop him. He turns back to face me while question reflects in his eyes.

"They say Merry-go-round is not for couples", I say with some unknown emotions mixed with fear of losing him. He comes closer and leans below to face me and I guess he understood my mind like he always does. Cupping my face with his hands he asks gazing into my eyes,"What happened?"

Holding his hand I take him near the riding space and point towards a couple who are riding on it. "Here if one sits at the front and other at the back, the horses go round and round, you'll only see each other's back and never catch up", I say looking into his eyes, "If they sit next to each other, it seems they move in the same direction but will never cross paths. So this thing means to Wait... and to be Distant". I don't know it this is true or not but my mind is not ready to let it go. Without saying anything Jim pulls me into his embrace,"We'll never be distant and apart", I hug him back more tight, "Even if someday we need to wait, then we will. Because no matter what we'll cross paths and be together. Forever." A different courage gripped me now and I know no matter what the situation becomes, we'll wait for each other and finally end up being together.