Chapter 27 - Thirdwheel

"Actually I like them too", Jim says but I see he's kind of shivering due to this cold weather as he's wearing any jacket. Just a simple plain shirt. I think I should offer him my jacket.

"You're shivering", I pull off my denim jacket and forward it to him, "Here take it. You won't feel cold", as I say so for a moment he was just surveys me and then he starts chuckling. Though I have no idea of the reason. 

"Aren't boys supposed to be the one to give their jackets to a girl?" He asks in amusement.

"That's not any rule. Okay? Girls can also give", I defend and his ethereal phiz adorns the most beautiful and the sweetest smile.

"Really?"

"Any doubt?" I act.

"No. But I don't need it. I'm okay. Moreover, if you give me this then what'll you wear? You'll also feel cold then", he states in a concerned tone.

"I won't. Okay umm.. I have an idea", I say but I am actually hesitated to do that since... I don't know how he'll react.

"What idea?"

Without saying any word further I come closer beside him with no more gap in between us and wrap up the jacket on top of us in a way we both are covered. Then I finally turn to face him and I see he's.. he's already staring at me? "What happened?" I ask.

My breath starts coming out in pants as I see him coming inches closer and closer to me. My eyes widen at his action but I don't stop him. I can feel his hot breathe running all over my face and this is giving me cold creeps. My stomach is crumpling which in other others I can explain as having butterflies. He slowly kisses my earlobe and I moan in a certain contentment. The next moment, his lips were over mine as if seeking position. I respond closing my eyes and press further into his. I encircle my hand around his neck as his arm encircled around my waist and brings me up into his lap. His lips gently brushes against mine. This simple touch of his scorched my body. Every nerve in my body is consciously alert and I grab him more tight burying me further into him. My hands work on brushing his thick hair and he lets out a moan. Before I know what's happening he brings his mouth impossibly near mine and kisses me more hard. If there were fireworks by now, I'm sure I would have exploded. Every part of my body is throbbing with a certain kind of need, one that I have never felt before. He pulls me close to him in a bone crushing embrace and I welcome that. Soon we are breathless and release the touch of out lips but my face is still attached with his. I wanna say that I love him. I love him so mush. But my timid heart is not allowing me to do that. 

I look up only to face him and he's looking at me with the same intimate gaze in his eyes. "I wanna ask something?" I say.

"What?" He replies.

"Why you kissed that day after we first met? You said because of the challenge and there was something about which Sam blackmailed you", I say since he told me earlier that there's something he couldn't tell me then about which Sam blackmailed him.

He let out a laughter and says,"He has a video of mine in which I was drunk and danced like a jackass. That was really weird to see and I can't afford anyone to see that."

"What?" I am laughing as much hard as I can. " I wanna see that video", I demand.

"No you can't."

"I can", I reply.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because you kissed me. So I have the right to know", as the words are out I realize the urge in my voice.

He was also numb for a moment and then says in a hesitated voice,"It's too late now. I guess we should go back".

"Yeah, you're right", I messily stand up and wear my jacket after we we start walking back.

Jim's POV:

As we are walking back towards our cottage amidst this gentle breeze of winter I hold her hand entangling our fingers and see her blushing at my action. I think I should confess my feelings to her. After all what happened today, there's nothing much left for explanation. The way she kissed me back somehow makes me believe that she feels the same for me. The whole way back we remain silent while I am wondering how to confess to her. I don't know what she has been thinking all through the time. 

We enter the main gate greeting Droophy uncle who's still awake and maybe now he's gonna go to sleep. As we reach near the main door I stop her and he turns at me.

"What?" Eila asks.

"I wanna say something to you", I notice her eyes sparkle up, maybe she understood what I want to say also. It feels as if she's been wanting to listen this.

"Say", she replies with a certain urge in her tone.

"Eila.. I.. I don't know how when but I..", as I am about to say.. "Eila", Winnie calls from behind. Quickly coming near is she she grabs Eila's hand jerking away mine. "Come with me please. There's something I need to talk to you about", saying so without even letting Eila say a word further she pulls her inside while Eila just turns back at me with an emptiness in her eyes which I can clearly feel. She wants to stay. But I don't stop her as I'm confused of what's going on. I wonder what might me the cause for which Winnie took Eila so urgently.

Eila's POV:

"Winnie stop", I jerk off my hand from her grab and stop on the midway. "Where are you taking me? What happened?" I'm literally confused for why Winnie brought me from there. Things were all fine until now. I decided to confess my feelings for Jim. He was also about to say something and somewhat I feel he wanted to say the same to me. But things changed on all a sudden. Right now, I'm feeling weird as if something's not going right. I again ask Winnie,"Tell me, what's wrong?"

But Winnie's not responding. She turns at me and just literally stares for a minute. Then finally she breaks the silence, "Eila. I love Jim." As soon as her words are out my whole body goes numb. My breath hitches apart. Her words are still striking in my head refusing to believe it, assuming it a lie. But it's not! "I love Jim more than I can say. Listen Eila, you're my friend. But Jim's getting more and more close to you and I don't see that. I can't afford to lose him at any cost." I.. I don't know what to say. I'm hoping this is just a nightmare I'm having. But reality is always too harsh to accept. I don't know how to react. I love Jim. But the irony is my friend loves him too. The pain in my heart is something I never felt before. It feels each and every part of my body is falling back and wants to cry and scream. My tears are icy cold as they remain jammed at a corner of my eyes. 

"I shifted to Virginia only because of him. I know he doesn't love me now but he eventually will. For that I want you to stay away from him. Please. Don't snatch him from me. I'm pleading before you Eila. Don't snatch him", Tears roll from her eyes as she pleads. But what should I do? I love Jim, more than anyone. I don't wanna lose him. But I can't see Winnie like this.