13 |

I didn't exactly know how to respond. Mostly because I didn't know understand what he was saying.

I mean I wasn't completely oblivious, I had read some information regarding the 'mates' situation Klayton was referring to.

While I was researching information for my essay, I had stumbled across stories of soulmates in the "Moon Goddess" book.

Legend says that every lycan is destined for someone; the other half of their soul.

Hence, the term soulmate.

The term coined as 'mate' was just the modern slang, although still highly valued and deeply significant within lycanthropy traditions.

So legends says.

What I'm not comprehending is how I have gotten myself into this situation, and well, why Klayton thinks I'm his mate.

"Pardon me?" I couldn't help but sputter out. I think anyone in this situation would react the same way I am— this is appropriate.

Klayton repeats himself, slower. "You. Are. Mine."

Instantly shaking my head, I remove myself from our close proximity. This is nuts.

I turn away from him and start to pace around my living room. As if I just noticed, I start to truly recognize the damage I have created inside my apartment. What the...?

I don't understand why I did this. This is not me; not something I could impulsively do.

No matter how mad I am.

As if Klayton is sensing my internal frustration he gently strides over to where I am pacing. He grabs my fingers and interlocks them with his.

"It's our bond," he says. "You can't feel it between us, so your mind is playing tricks on you. It's making you do crazy things,"

"What do you mean?" I whisper. "If what you're saying is really true, then why can't I feel it like you do?"

Klayton's eyes zero in on the necklace around my neck. He isn't the first one to hold such a contemptible look due to it's presence. What's wrong with my necklace?

"That necklace," he nods in the direction of it. "it's been charmed by a witch."

My eyes grew to the size of saucers. Is he for real?

"Witches? Werewolves?" I shake my head. "This isn't happening!"

"I can prove it to you."

~

We walk side by side to the trail near my apartment. Right now, it's pretty dark outside so I have a feeling we won't be interrupted. I'm not sure what to expect right now, and my mind is reeling. What if he's lying? What if he's not?

Eventually, we end up in a small quarter of the forest that seems well hidden. This was near where we first met. I almost smile at the stupid memory.

Klayton and I stop and he starts to walk a few feet in front of me. I shake in small anticipation.

"Well?" I prompt.

Klayton looks up at me and smirks. Then, he starts to strip.

I quickly shriek and shield my eyes. I turn around.

"What are you doing?" I whispered harshly. "Is this what you brought me out here for?"

"No. I came to show you the truth," He replies.