37 |

🖤 THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!
I APPRECIATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU — PLEASE VOTE! 🖤

With the news travelling fast of Artemis' attack on all the leaders amongst everyone who had been present, it had been decided collectively that a few would stay on our territory. The news and gossip was hush hush, and we knew as leaders to keep this significantly damaging information on the down low.

It wasn't to be discussed.

Some were so frightened they had bid us goodbye immediately following the commotion, and others didn't want to be involved with something so dark. They couldn't accept their precious Moon Goddess was actually a psychopath, I thought bitterly. No one had died during the attack, thankfully. There were lots of injuries and a bloody mess to clean up, but the leaders of the strongest packs globally had managed to fight Artemis' wolves off. I wanted to guess the entire thing was a small warning from Artemis; she wanted me to stop. This just fuelled my passion to end her nightmare regime once and for all.

There were two people who were specifically requested to stay on our territory by Klayton, and of course they were the two people I had most disliked from the ball.

Berry, and the strange man I had a brief encounter with who told me I wasn't really human. It was weird, because although I know I'm not human anymore, I am unsure of how he had sensed it. Maybe that is why he is one of the people Klayton wanted to stay behind. They had slept in one of the empty wings of the pack house mansion, and I had no idea how long they would be.

Currently, the lot of us were behind the pack house in a large training field. I hadn't bothered much with this particular part of it; I never felt the need to train here amongst wolves who could easily shred me to pieces. But alas, Klayton deemed this training was necessary and finally that is something we could agree on. As of recently, Klayton now knows the darkness that makes up Artemis —and understand why she is not fit for her role as a Goddess.

I was wearing my trusty black lululemon leggings and a white tank top, pairing them with my favourite pair of black and white shoes. The tank top admittedly was quite tight in my chest area and as I had entered the field I felt very self-conscious. It didn't help when the stranger had blatantly checked me out, earning a loud warning growl from Klayton.

Klayton had ordered pack members to stay clear from the training fields for the day, although giving no proper explanation as to why. Perks of being an Alpha, I suppose. Select few knew some of the information (like Isaac and Lenna) although I had barely scratched the surface when I had informed them some time ago. The sky was grey and the field was slightly fogging, dropping my mood before the day had even begun really. Right now there was only Berry, Klayton, the Strange Man, and I standing on the field ready to talk. Feeling a newly found confidence, I decided to confront the stranger yet again.

"Are you going to give me your name this time? Or just insult me a bit more beforehand?" I spit. My attitude was not lost on the ears around me as Klayton glared at the man and Berry snorted at my words.

"I'll probably just insult you a bit more beforehand, human." The man chuckles, showing the laugh lines beside his eyes as he does so. "I'm kidding —relax. I'm Alpha Paxton," Klayton snarls at his blatant disrespect towards me and my eyes narrow.

"The Alpha Ball happens annually, so I'm sure you two will get to know each other better eventually," Klayton sighs and continues. "Berry, Pax, I wanted you two to talk to Adira about the magic she possess. Pax had approached me at the ball and told me he had felt a darkness within you, Adira. Dark magic has severe consequences and you need to be educated on it," he says while looking at me.