28 |

🖤 PLEASE VOTE AND FOLLOW ME 🖤

I gasp loudly, almost as if I had been holding my breath the entire time. I'm panting up and down and clutching my test tightly, trying to grasp what just happened.

Where the fuck did it go?

I start panicking and looking down towards the floor, knowing I must have dropped it. That was truly the only reasonably explanation. There's no way that the godly items absorbed into me?

After searching the surrounding area in a panicked frenzy, I stop as I succumb to the truth. The crazy concept that they had joined and melted into my body... was true.

The thought made my stomach churn and all the colour drain from my face at once.

I quickly sprint to my bathroom, throwing up all the contents from my stomach into the toilet. Sobbing loudly, I reach up for the sink and splash water over my face, staring into the mirror which reflected someone I hardly knew anymore. I looked awful, but I felt powerful. A new surge of energy had made itself known and lively for the first time in a long time, stirring within me.

A sharp knock sounds on my door and I walk over, not expecting anyone at this hour. Lenna immediately enters my apartment as soon as I open my door, and turns slightly accusingly towards me.

"I thought I heard some struggling or something, are you okay?"

I'm most definitely not okay.

"Oh— I'm fine," I say to her with an innocent smile. "I'm not sure what you think you heard? Maybe some other neighbours or something." Her eyebrows furrow slightly but she doesn't press me much further.

"Hm, maybe." She's still peering around my room, looking as if she is almost searching for someone.

"Um, can I help you?" I snap my fingers in front of her face; drawing her away from her own prying eyes. "What are you looking for?"

"Klayton," she says, huffing, and she turns to face me once again. She sniffs around the air. "Is he not here?"

"No," I shift uncomfortably under her scrutinizing state. "I mean— he was here not too long ago, but his scent may or may not be lingering. Why?"

"Who is here?" Lenna takes a step towards me and I take one back. I didn't like this side of Lenna; my best friend. She wasn't being threatening in anyway and I wasn't scared, but she seemed weirdly off at the moment.

I didn't like it.

"No one." I snap at her. "What are you trying to get at?" Lenna sighs at my response and grumbles in small frustration. I'm weirded out by her right now and I don't know how to handle it...

"It's just— he's my Alpha," Lenna says and pinches in between her eyebrows in annoyance. "You're my best friend. I heard weird groans and such coming from here and I don't want to assume anything but..."

Oh God.

How the hell am I going to explain this one?

My necklace was melting into my fucking skin.

"Honestly, nothing was going on," I tell her, smoothly lying right to my best friends face.

"But I heard groaning noises?" She presses. I shrug it off easily.

It's probably because I felt like I was fucking dying 10 minutes ago.

"It's probably a neighbour or something," I say to her reassuringly. "The walls are so thin, and with your hearing... it could have been anyone."