34 |

🖤 PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND FOLLOW ME FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS 🖤

"I don't even remember doing it," I tell Klayton as we sit in bed beside one another. I pry the remains of the shirt off my body and hide underneath the covers. Even though he's seen all of this before, he isn't getting another free show.

"I'm surprised it didn't wake me up. The shredding," Klayton says sincerely. "I must have been just so exhausted, because I haven't been sleeping next to you. It has taken a real toll on my wolf,"

"Oh. I must have done it subconsciously, to let the new scar breathe. It hurt so much before but feels much better now," I tell him. "Well, I don't think I have any more clean clothes here. Would you mind if I borrow a shirt or something?"

"You don't have to ask. What's mine will always be yours. Especially now that we are fully mated," Klayton scoots closer to me on the bed and nuzzles my hair with his nose.

The action is endearing but I don't really want it. Not when I have all of these unresolved and angry feelings with him at the moment. Interrupting the train of thoughts from my head, Klayton continues questioning me.

"The scar on your chest; the half moon... is that because we mated?" He asks quietly, using his head and nodding towards my chest which is still hidden from his view.

"Yes," I cough awkwardly. "It is. One of the physical changes of collecting another piece,"

"The piece I had."

"Yes," I tell him without making eye contact. I didn't want to see his face —make this any harder on myself than it already has been by seeing his pain. The bond surged between us, reminding the both of us that our pain is felt collectively.

When he says 'what's mine is yours'— he means literally.

"I don't really know what to say to you, Adira. Are you okay?"

I open my mouth to respond before tightly closing it. My eyebrows furrow together lightly in confusion. I'm realizing right now, I don't know the answer to that. I hadn't ever really stopped and asked myself if I was okay. No one had really stopped me and asked me if I was okay.

Only Klayton.

The thought makes me break down slightly, and I can feel the build up of tearing beginning to swell in my eyes. I'm sure Klayton can smell the saltiness of my tears in the air but he doesn't say anything and instead reaches over and gently grasps my hand, interlacing our fingers. He gingerly squeezes my hand, letting me know that he is with me without having to communicate any words.

Although our relationship is rocky right now due to our own personal allegiances, the one thing that hasn't changed is our bond.

The connection between our souls, and the chemistry that was written in the stars by Destiny.

Yes.

That hasn't changed.

~

Klayton had given me a shirt to wear which was —of course— too big on me. I wonder if I look good wearing the big, bad Alpha's clothes. And luckily, I actually found a clean pair or leggings in his closet. I must have left some here one time, and so I decided to wear them with his shirt too.

I had a particular task in mind today; figure out what went wrong with the red book.

This piece was dangerous obviously. It had left me unconscious in the hospital for a few days, and I remember the horrible pain I felt when I tried to burn it. Clearly, that didn't work because I know I didn't gain the scattered soul that day.