15 |

I'm still a little disoriented from waking up, and I sputter to find words.

He looks at me expectantly.

"W-what do you mean?" I slightly cower, embarrassingly.

He glares at me harder. I want to shrink away and evaporate into dust at the way he's looking at me. I shove my duvet off my body and prance out of bed. Klayton stalks my every move, following me at an arms length as I get up to make some coffee. Shouldn't he be getting ready for lecture?

I peer at the clock and nearly drop my freshly brewed cup of coffee in shock. It was 1:47pm in the afternoon— I had missed my class.

Suddenly everything started to piece together. I turn to Klayton and look at him sheepishly.

"Look, I'm sorry I missed your class. Honestly I just slept right through it,"

"I don't give a fuck if you miss my class." His glare only slighted relented. "I was worried sick about you. When I saw you weren't there..."

"What?"

"I thought you had left."

His angry demeanour quickly shifted into a saddened one. Although I couldn't feel his emotions per-say like he could mine, I could read his face like a book.

He was sad.

"Klayton, I couldn't leave even if I wanted to." I placed my mug down and drew him closer for a small hug. "I live here now. I have friends here... and you," I smiled at him. He instantly beamed at me back, as of hearing this was the best news he has ever heard.

"I'm so glad you feel that way. I want you to be here always."

"I mean plus, I already paid my tuition," I joked.

Way too ruin a moment Addy, I mentally scold myself.

Klayton finds humour in it and bursts out laughing before hugging me even tighter.

"I just thought, with all of this information, you would be scared. I mean, you should be," he says to me quietly while we embraced.

Klayton learned down and inhaled the scent of my hair. I found comfort in the feeling, and I know he does too.

"I know I probably should be, but I think I've had enough time to adjust."

~

We spend the remainder of the day lounging around my apartment, talking and getting to know each other better.

I found out he has held the title of Alpha for quite a while within this pack. I knew well enough about hierarchical societies to understand the terminology.

He was the leader of his pack.

Right now, Klayton and I are snuggled up on my couch watching a movie. I have a popcorn bowl sitting on my lap as Klayton's hand is resting gently on my thigh. My head is leaning against his shoulder, and all I feel is content.

I guess Klayton had ordered some wolves to clean up my apartment, and everything seemed to be going back to normal —as normal as it could be, under the circumstances.

I reach into the popcorn bowl and scowl when I come up empty handed. Klayton is hardly paying attention to the movie, instead he is focusing on the laptop in front of him.

I can feel his fingers gently rubbing soothing circles on my thigh, and I wonder to myself if he even realizes that he's doing it.

I peer up and gaze upon his face. I look at his beautiful features and think about how perfect he really is. His jet black hair is styled neatly as always, and his lips open slightly as he is reading a paper on his laptop. I watch his eyes flicker side to side as he reads every sentence.