After this life

Have you ever think about the way your days are going to end? have you ever think about all the things you are going to miss when you leave this world? all the things you havent made? all the people that will stay behind? are you preapered for welcome the dead or you are as afraid as I was? .... yes thats how I felt when I saw my mom crying in the hospital.

I cant stop thinking about that picture, thats all I have in my mind since a long time ago. I can remember every single detail of that night:

I was in the hospial, sitting in the waitting room while my mother was with my doctor in a private room just in the opposite side of where I was sitting.
The room was empty it was just me and the couch.
I was worried because whatever the doctor was saying to my mother he didnt wanted me to hear it, and I didnt want to be at that place a second more, no more medical test, had enough of that this last month. I knew I was sick, everyone knew it after I had quit school a month before that day, after I had started feeling weak, my notes were terrible and my mom was worried about me, that was when the doctor checked me for the first time and since then I haven't stopped with tests and never entered a classroom . A hole month wasted on a hospital, the last place I' ll like to be, I mean there are people worst than me about to die but the doctors are caring about me! why?! I' m not that weak... Am I ? no I'm not ! I cant be ! I used to have a life out of this hell, a good one, well at least it could be worst but now I just cant stop shaking, the door of the room were my mom was slowly started to open and I saw her,her eyes are red, she is crying and when I smiled at her she didn't smiled back, the doctor is behind her and has a sad look too, my mom walks towards me without saying goodbye to him , the doctor turns around and disappears of my view, she took my hand and with a whisper says "lets go home Claire" I nodded and withot a word more she guided me to the car.

It was a silent way home, my mom couldn't stop crying and giving me looks, I dont even put music on, I was too afraid to ask what the doctor had said, and when we finally arrived home I went to my room, my own room, I haven't sleep there for a week and it felt wonderful to be on my place, knowing that this was a place were I could be in peace and rest a little. I stayed in silence, watching all what I have in my room, my little bed in the center with the window at one side, all my walls full of pictures with my friends, my family and mines, and many posters of most of my favourite artists and places I'd like to visit. The computer on the other side in my old desk, the door of my bathroom closed ....it was like if I hadn't leave it for a long time and i felt better with just being there, I was there when I heard a soft knock on my door "come in" it was my mom, we live just us two by ourselves, my dad died when I was just 6 years old in a car accidet, I don't have brothers, but I'm not sad about it, is amazing to live with my mom and I remember my dad with love knowing that he is better now, we both think he is watching for us and that he is better than ever.

She walked to my bed and sat there in silence, she patted the space at her side asking me to sit with her. I did so, she wasn't crying anymore and that made me felt a little bit better but her red eyes continue telling me there was something wrong. She put her arm around my shoulder and gave a kiss at the top of my head "dear, i have to tell you something" she started "but please let me finish before you say anything, this is the most difficult thing I am ever going to tell you and I want you to understand that I love you more than anything in this world and that anything is going to change that never ok?" I nodded as answer "dear I talked with the doctor, he already knows what you are sick of, he didn't told us before because he was expeting to be wrong, but many doctors have checked your exams and now.,..." she stopped for a moment " and now they are sure of what you have" "and what I have?" I asked not really wanting to hear the answer "a really advanced cancer, doctors are impressed you have live so long without any problem, they said....... they said you have not many time more" she finished and with that she let a river out of his eyes, I was in shock I couldnt understand what she was telling me, we had made a promise to each other to always say the true to each other no matter how difficult it was and she obviously was still remembering that but I couldn't die at 16 years old!my life wasn't complete! my body reacted better than my head and hugged my mom as tight as I could.

After an hour or so hugging each other we felt asleep toghether in my bed with tears on her eyes an a confused me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

hi everyone! i hope you enjoy this fanfic i know im not the best writer but i hope you can help me by commenting, this first chapter is dedicated to one of my favourite fanfics authors
if anyone wants me to dedicate the next one to him just ask for it.

loads of love Xxxxx