Kabanata 2 - Proposal

Kabanata 2

Proposal

"Miss, we must return to the main street. It won't be safe for you to walk in this part of the city." Taranta na wika ni Joanne na siyang maid ko.

Kanina pa niya ako sinasabihan na bumalik sa mas matao at safe na lugar pero nagmamatigas ako. I need to find that building! The Crescent Wolf  secret hideout. I must find it. Sila ang magsisilbing lifeline ko kung makukumbinsi ko ang isang iyon sa plano ko.

"Miss!" Joanne, she was now grabbing my arms to stop me. Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. Didn't she know that it's very rude to touch your young miss this way?

"I'm sorry, Miss Amaury, but we must go back to the carriage. If you still want to continue, at least let your knight accompany us." She was shaking but still trying to be firm with her words. With a sigh, I nodded. Wala namang mawawala kung susundin ko ang payo ni Joanne.

From the novel, their hideout is in the middle of this rotten city with a lot of bandits around it. So maybe Joanne is right. It's wiser to have a knight with me. When Sir Jamie arrived, I continued my search again. In the original story, Emeline, the female lead, was the first one who discovered the hideout na hindi miyembro ng Crescent Wolf. It is a hidden and secret organization built by the third Prince, who is now a Grand Duke. Thanks to the information in the novel, I can easily find it.

"How many alleys did we pass by already?" I asked them.

"8, Miss Amaury. Naliligaw po ba tayo? Kanina pa rin tayo naglalakad at wala ng tao sa lugar na 'to. Mukhang abandunado na ang parteng ito ng bayan." ani Joanne.

Umiling ako bilang sagot. Walo na. So the next one would be the connecting alley sa street nila. Then the 14th house from the left, that would be it.

Two storey house na may lawak na katumas ng limang bahay na magkakadikit. It is huge. Halos kasing laki na ng masyon namin ito. Mapagkakamalan mong abandonado ito dahil kulay black at brown ang kulay ng bahay na tila ba sinadya. Pero sa malapitan makikita mo ang maliliit na makikinang na bato na nakadikit sa pader na marahang bumubuo ng aninong crescent moon sa bawat haligi.

I can see from the window above that someone is watching me. As I said before, wala pang nakakapunta na ibang tao dito. I was the first one thanks to my knowledge from the novel.

Kumatok ako sa pintuan nang dalawa, pagkatapos ay tatlo, at panghuli ay isa. Then, as I expected, an old maid opened up the door for me.

"I am here for the Cresent Wolf leader."

The old lady remains smiling, "Oh my. You must be mistaken, dear. I don't know what you're looking for. This is just an old Baron house."

I smirked at her response.

Of course, iyan ang sasabihin niya sakin. That's how they respond to unwanted visitors. I know that already. Don't take me as a fool, alam ko na lahat ng patakaran dito.

I stepped closer to her and whispered, just enough for us two to hear.

"Beati Bellicosi."

Nanlaki ang mata niya sa narinig mula sakin. She did give me a bow to show respect. Her expression shows that I have come to the right place.

"What is it that you wish, Lady?

I smiled and secretly looked at the window, kung saan may isang tao na kanina pa nanunuod sa nangyayari. That person didn't even bother to hide its shadow.

"I want an audience with the Grand Duke Crescendo dela Fleur."