Kabanata 29 - Missing

Kabanata 29

Missing

Days have passed since the ambush on the Sping Hunt had happened.

Hindi na kami bumalik pa para sa ikalawang araw o kahit pa sa huling araw ng event dahil sa nangyari kay Dale at iba pang mga tauhan namin. Fortunately, Dale's group was the only one who has been attacked. Napatay ang lahat ng nanduon by the hands of Dale and Sir Adam.

Base sa kwento ni Sir Adam, those people were still preparing to ambush the nobles when Dale saw them. Leading the group, he took care of those bandits who tries to hurt everyone on the hunting ground. And the result was very one of them was injured. At siya ang pinaka malala sa lahat. He was poisoned and has a lot of deep stab wounds. I was terrified that day. Scared that he might die, and I might lose him in this life. But luckily, he was safe. And simula n'on, I have finally acknowledged my feelings for Dale. I can now freely admit to myself that I like him. Who wouldn't right?

But there is still a tall and thick wall separating me from him. It was the novel's reality that Dale was destined for someone and that is not me. Kaya naman, these feelings of mine, though napangalanan ko na ang nararamdam, I still can't tell it to him. About what I did on that day, when I saw him with bloody bandages is what I truly feels. I was genuinely scared and worried for him kaya naman agad umapaw ang emosyon ko at hindi ko na napigilan ang paglabas nun. I don't know if he felt it, but it wasn't an act. I did care for him. Truthfully. And about him, I guess, all the sweetness and love he showed me that time was just an act dahil nanunuod samin sila Kuya at Kaeden.

I sighed and suddenly felt a throbbing heartache on my chest. I really can't tell my feelings to him. Maybe I am afraid of rejection. I know he doesn't like me. He cared for me as a fiancé and as an ally for his plan to succeed the royal throne, but that was far from love. His feelings were purely platonic habang ako naman ay heto, unti-unting nahuhumaling na sakanya ng todo. I just can't help it. The way he smiles was eyegasm. Lalo na kung tititigan ka gamit ng kanyang kulay abong mata. It is hard to not fall for him. But I promised to myself, I'll try to forget and removed these feelings I have for him. Someday...

"Lady Amaury, the sweets and refreshments are ready." Ani Portia na nagpabalik sa akin sa ulirat.

I smiled saka tumayo na mula sa pagkakaupo sa aking kwarto. I put down the book I was reading pero tila hindi ako makaalis sa unang pahina and put it on my bookshelf.

"Bring that to my garden. I'll go get Dale for a second."

I smiled sweetly as I walk down to Dale's study. Seeing him daily was enough for me to complete my day. And his stab wounds were gone now. Kahit pa ang bakas nun ay nawala na dahil sa gamot na mahika. I have managed to slip the antidote on one of his tea kaya naman the magic effectively healed him in an instant after mawala ng lason sa katawan niya.

Kumatok ako ng dalawang beses to let him know of my presence outside the door. Pumasok ako agad at hindi na hinintay ang paanyaya ni Dale. He was not alone on the study. Dale was sitting on his desk holding a bunch of reports na galing sa Kuya ko. Gabriel was sitting on a chair in front of him while Kaeden was standing not far from Dale.

"Dale, it's time for our daily walk!" I declared.

Dale raised his head with a little hesitation on his eyes. I can see the deep breaths of Kaeden and Gabriel. Kumunot ang noo ko. Why? Did I interrupt something important? Well, at first, I am very careful not to disturb him on his study. Pero siya mismo ang nagsabi sakin na pwede ako pumunta kung kailan ko gusto.

"What's wrong?" I asked them to know what did I do wrong.

Dale give me a quick glance pagkatapos ay muling binalik ang atensyon sa mga papeles na nasa harap niya.