Kabanata 46 - Last Gift

Kabanata 46

Last Gift

When I opened my eyes, the peaceful green garden immediately caught my attention. It has white roses that surrounds the whole bushes of the garden. It was beautiful.

I look around and saw a gazebo above the lake. White swans were swimming on the sparkling water. Water lilies was floating slowly and dancing in the wind. I was wearing a white loose dress and my hair that's usually on a bun where flowing in the air. The sun shines brightly but it doesn't bother me. A distant memory flashes on my mind as I look at the lake.

A memory of someone confessing on a girl on a bright windy day. Suminghap ako as I felt my chest tighten up.

"Amaury!"

Napalingon ako when I heard someone called my name. Then a girl, no more than 5 years old, come rushing on me while running. Tumatawa ito habang nakatingin sa likuran niya.

"Stop running or you'll ruin your dress!"

Nanluha ang mata ko nang makilala ang mukha at boses nang humahabol sa batang babae.

"I don't want to play with those girls, Joanne! I am going to the stable and play with Bernard instead!"

Because the little girl was running without looking at her front, she didn't notice the rock on her way and causes her to fall. Her dress instantly had a green marking because of the grasses.

"Miss Amaury!" Joanne screamed and held the little girl on her chest when she got close.

In an instant, the girl started crying. "Joanne, it hurts!"

"Hush now, Miss. If you cry, your father will laugh at you."

Like a magic word, the Little Amaury stopped crying. Her sobbed continue but she's trying her best to suppress it.

"There you are Amaury! Father and the Emperor is looking for you! How could you run off like... WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR KNEES?!"

A young male rush to the little Amaury and held her shoulder. His pissed-off face began to break and immediately shows a worried expression.

"Are you alright?" He asked calmly.

Humihikbi ang batang babae, pilit na pinipigilan ang pag-iyak na malakas, pero patuloy ang agos ng luha sa mata.

"Ang... sakit, Kuya. Pero di na ako iiyak. Kayo ko to. I have to protect myself, so I could protect everyone." Pagsumbong ng batang babae sa lalaki.

He held the little girl's hand and kisses it, "My sister is so strong. I'm in your care from now on, our Lady Clerebold."

"Eung!" Tumango ang batang babae. Tila proud sa sarili.

Unti-unting tumulo ang luha ko as the scene unfold in front of my eyes. Napatakip ako ng bibig para pigilan ang paghikbi. Natatakot na gumawa ng kaunting ingay. Sa hindi kalayuan, I can see my brother... Gabriel holding the hand of a lady.

One that is very familiar to me.

"Mama!" The little girl shouted. Napalingon ang binatang lalaki sa bagong paparating.

Why am I here? Why am I seeing this?

"Dahil ito ang mangyayari kung masusunod ang tunay na storya, Amaury."

I heard a voice behind me. Nang lingunin ko iyon, the image of Princess Olivia surprises me. "Princess Olivia...?"

Ngumisi siya, "You can call me Olivia if you want, besides iyon ang nakilala mo. But I prefer if you call me Emma, that's my real name by the way. Well, not that you'll remember me being here anyway."