Kabanata 45 - Ending

Kabanata 45

Ending

Ang byaheng pabalik sa mansion ko ngayon ang pinaka mahabang byahe para sakin.

The agony I am feeling while the trees and places pass by on the window of my carriage while thinking of her grew stronger and stronger. She was poisoned in a place where I trusted her to be safe. Where did it go wrong? If only I knew this would happen, I should have kept her by my side. Hindi ko nalang dapat siya iniwanan pa. I was careless!

"Master Dale!"

Rinig niya ang agap na wika ni Kaeden as soon as they arrive. He and Gabriel quickly went out of the carriage.

"How's Amaury? Where is she?"

"The mistress is being observed by the Grand Priest on her room." Punan ni Kaeden sakanila as they walk through the mansion, "The Lady is safe for now, Master Dale." The hesitation can be heard on Kaeden's voice.

'For now?' He thought to himself. Then Amaury must be in grave danger, isn't it? Huminga siya ng malalim as he tries to calm himself down.

Naramdaman niya ang pagtapik ni Gabriel sa kanyang balikat, "She'll be alright, Duke. That's my sister we're talking about. She's a fighter, isn't she?"

Ngumisi sakanya si Gabriel, though his eyes were shaking because of fear and uncertainty. He smirked and nodded. He has to be strong. He knew Amaury's fighting so hard to live kaya, hindi niya papakitaan ang dalaga ng kahit katiting na panghihina.

Hindi mo na kailangang lumaban mag-isa Amaury. If you're tired, I'll do the fighting for you.

I'll fight for us.

He took a deep breath as he entered Amaury's room. Portia quickly greeted him. Tumayo si Lucas mula sa pagkakaupo at nag-bow sakanya. Sumalubong sa kanyang tingin ang isang malumanay na mata at maliit na ngiti mula kay Amaury.

"You're back." She silently whispers as she tries to raise her hand but fails. She was trembling in pain as she tried to move.

Maagap na sumaklolo si Dale sa nanghihinang si Amaury. Nasa kabilang parte ng kama nakatayo ang Grand Priest habang tahimik na pinagmamasdan si Amaury.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like this." Pautal-utal na wika ni Amaury.

Dale's hand slowly went to her cheek to caress it, "I am just glad you are alive, Amaury. Don't worry about anything else."

"I do want to stay awake and talk with you more... but I am kind of tired, Dale. My body wouldn't let me stay awake for too long."

Patuloy ang paghaplos ni Dale sa pisngi ni Amaury.

"So, would you stay by my side while I sleep?"

Tumango si Dale bilang tugon, hinalikan ang noo ni Amaury at saka ginawaran ang dalaga ng isang ngiti.

"I'll be here. I'll stay wherever you are. Even when you wake up. I'll stick annoyingly close to you from now on Amaury. So just rest and get better."

Narinig niya ang mahinang pagtawa ng dalaga as she closes her eyes and drifts back to sleep. Parang pinipiga ang puso ni Dale habang tahimik na pinagmamasdan ngayon ang natutulog na si Amaury.

"How... how did this happen?" Madilim niyang tanong na narinig nang lahat ng tao sa loob ng kwarto.

Kaeden and Portia looked away as guilt was evidently written on their faces. If only they were cautious enough, this wouldn't happen to their Mistress. Sir Adam has been kneeling on the right side of the room, refusing to eat or rest since the incident happened. Ito ang paraan niya upang paruhasan ang sarili sa kapabayaan na nagawa. Sakanya ipinagkatiwala ng Duke ang kaligtasan ng Dutchess pero ano ang nangyari? Napahamak ito mula sa pangangalaga niya. He can not forgive himself if something happens to the lady he was serving. He doesn't deserve to be a knight!