Kabanata 19 - Duke's Little Duchess

Kabanata 19

Duke's little Duchess

The party has lasted for a good couple of hours but when Amaury said she was done for tonight and wanted to go home ay agad tumango si Dale.

They quickly bid goodbye to the host of the party and took off immediately. Amaury was indeed tired she fell asleep instantly on the carriage, leaning her head to the Duke's shoulder. When they got to the mansion, the duke hesitated whether to wake up the sleeping beauty on his shoulder or not. In the end, binuhat niya ang dalaga at marahan ang kilos na pagpasok.

Kaeden greeted them, "Master! What happened to our Lady?!" Medyo may kataasan nitong boses na tanong.

Dale hissed, "Don't be so loud! She's just sleeping. I am going ahead to my bedroom."

Kaeden bid a whisper and bow to the Duke habang diretso nang pumunta sa kwarto niya while Amaury on his arms. When the Duke got to his bedroom, he immediately went straight to the bed para ihiga ng maayos ang dalaga. She slept on a carriage earlier he's guessing her back would hurt by tomorrow. Nangtatanggalin na niya ang braso na nakakapit sa dalaga, Amaury clutches his arms tightly preventing him to escape. Isiniksik nito ang mukha sa bisig niya.

"...what?"

Dale chuckled as he surrendered. Marahan siyang humiga sa tabi ng dalaga trying not to wake her up from her sleep.

* * *

The first thing that I saw after I wake up was a pair of grey eyes staring at me.

"Are you awake now? Good morning, sunshine."

Nanlaki ang mata ko sa pagkagulat, this place is not my room! I immediately sit up from the bed. Ang una kong chineck ay kung may damit ba ako. I am still wearing the same clothes I was wearing last night. But then... Why is my back hurting?

Okay, Amaury you need to calm down. I need to calm down so I can access everything clearly. Now Amaury, ask this man casually, like it's nothing.

Hilaw akong ngumiti kay Dale, "W-what happened last n-night? We... We didn't do anything, right?!"

Ngumisi siya at isinandal ang ulo sa kanyang kamay, "Oh last night? Did you forget already?"

Napalunok ako sa narinig. Did... Did we do something sinful last night? Okay in my world there's nothing big deal about sex. But then! This is not my body. It is Amaury's! I can't just do as I please with this. Nanghihiram lang ako!

"You we're hanging on to me all night long."

When a devastated look shone on my face mabilis siyang tumawa.

"When you get back to your room, I prepared a massage for you to ease your back pain. Your body will hurt because you've sleep on the carriage while sitting habang pauwi tayo." Paliwanag niya.

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag sa sinabi niya. Thank goodness nothing happens. Tinaasan ako ng kilay ni Dale when he saw how relieved I am.

"What's with your reaction? You know we will soon do that when we got married."

"I know. If... we got married." Tangi ko nalang naisagot sakanya without telling him I have no intention to sleep with him.

We will soon divorce after a year. And our marriage is for business and political purpose only. I think there's no need for some attachments to it. No string attach para madali ang pagkalas kapag oras na ng paghihiwalay.

* * *

Nang makaalis si Amaury sa kwarto ni Dale, Kaeden immediately enter and told him the news.

"The one you've been waiting has arrived, Master. Shall I order our people to start it?"