Kabanata 6 - When the Villain appears..

Kabanata 6

When the Villain appears.

I haven't seen the duke after our engagement. Well, he did tell me that he'll be busy for the upcoming days kaya hindi ako masyadong balisa kung nagbago ba ang isip niya about sa kasunduan namin. Tomorrow, we would be traveling to the capital dahil dalawang araw na lamang ay debutante ball na. Mag-s-stay kami sa estate ni Aunt Mildred na nasa capital. That way hindi kami mahihirapan sa pag-byahe.

Today, I'm with Sir Elliot, the one who made my gown. For the past two weeks, I'm constantly checking the preparations on my debutante ball gown. Everyone was shocked sa pag tawag ko kay Sir Elliot dito two weeks ago. He was infamous for making such a weird and disgusting dress in the empire. That's what the rumors were saying about him. But the truth is, his sister, who is also a seamstress and a designer, tried to put Sir Elliot's reputation down in the mud. He was a bastard son of Viscount Olsen, while Lady Daphne was the only lady of the house. Kaya ganoon nalang ang galit ni Lady Daphne sakanya.

In time, according to the novel, Sir Elliot will be famous to the noble ladies because he'll be making the engagement gown of Emeline Herondale and a suit for my brother na hahangaan ng lahat. Even the royal family would like to have a gown made by him. Kaya ngayon palang ay uunahan ko na sila. Besides, his designs are superb and awesome! My eyes were glittering while looking for a design that would suit me from his catalog. In the end, napagpasyahan ko na ako nalang ang magdidisenyo ng gown ko.

To be more powerful and significant, I need to be in the social circle. That way, Beatrice would have a hard time touching me. And also, to kill me. Picking a design that would rise above everyone else is easy. I already have the knowledge of what their dresses are going to look like. A ball gown who has long sleeves and a huge skirt. Iyon ang common ngayon dito kaya lilihis ako sa nakasanayan nila. I'm going to create a new trend.

"Firstly, I want a dress that would look traditionally feminine, in flowing skirt and silk." Pasimula ko, though I want to be unique hindi ko pa din aalisin ang pagiging traditional nito sa aura. Pangit naman kung magmumukha akong out of place sa lahat.

Tumaas ang kilay ni Sir Elliot tila ba nagsasabing, 'Ano ang pinagkaiba ng design mo sa ibang dress?' I want it to be cultural but in a different style. I took the pen and paper sakanya at ako ang nag sketch doon.

"I want my dress to have a plunging neckline and cut-outs in here... and here."

Napanga-nga siya sa inisketch ko na dress na gusto ko when I showed him the paper.

"Are you sure you want this as your debutante ball gown?" Says Sir Elliot, "This is too revealing for you, my lady."

Ngumisi ako. That's what I am going for. I want to appear youthful and innocent, yet also alluring.

"It's fine, Sir Elliot. I would also request a silk cape for this dress. A pair of silk gloves and a cute hair ribbon will also be appreciated if you can make it."

Tumango siya, sumunod sa mga sinasabi ko though confusion was still written on his face.

That was two weeks ago. Today, Sir Elliot brought my dress so I could fit it. Nang makita ko iyon ng personal, it was beautiful. It has a low neckline and cut-outs on my waist. A gold rose embroidery on the upper part of the dress. A blue glittering skirt that would flow when I twirl. It exceeded my expectations! Mas maganda pa ito kesa sa imagination ko kung saan ko naisip ang gusto kong design.

"It was beautiful, Sir Elliot! It really is!" Mangha kong sabi habang tinititigan ang dress.

"Shall I put a quick roses embroidery in the back, Lady Amaury? Tingin ko ay mas gaganda kung lalagyan ko."Ani Sir Elliot habang ako ay nakatingin sakin.