Kabanata 13 - Sister Complex

Kabanata 13

What kind of sister complex is this?

Even though I was indeed shocked sa sinabi ni Dale kanina hindi iyon nagtagal because Dale kneels in front of me and asked me for a dance. In this era, the first dance is the most important and when I granted him that privilege, noble and aristocrats started to murmur. Well, iyon lang naman ang kaya nilang gawin. Ang pag-usapan ang mga tao sa paligid nila.

"After this night, you'll officially enter the social society."

Ngumisi lamang ako sakanya at nagmasid sa paligid. Madami kaming sumasayaw ngayon. Even Emeline and Gabriel are dancing at the other side. Then I saw Beatrice with a dark face just staring at her drink. Beside her was his brother. They both have the same feature. Iyon nga lang ay mukhang seryoso at masungit ang binata, but he is indeed kind. Habang si Beatrice ay mayroong maamong mukha pero masama ang ugali. Well, you really can't judge a book by its cover.

His brother told her something, but Beatrice just hissed at him. I knew she's mad because she didn't got the first dance with Gabriel. I sighed. I feel bad for Emeline dahil sakanya na ngayon nakatutok ang atensyon ni Beatrice na dapat ay sakin. Can she protect herself?

I heard Dale clicked his tongue and shaking his head slightly. Kaya naman napabalik sa kanya muli ang atensyon ko.

"That's a bad habit, Amaury. Nandito ako sa harapan mo pero ibang lalaki ang tinitingnan mo."

Napatikhim ako. Did he saw me looking at Beatrice's brother?

"When you said that you investigated people who can be of help to you, isa ba doon si Leandro Childe?"

When he said that automatic akong napatingin sakanya. His soulful grey eyes captured mine.

"What? N..no." I stammer and look away. His stare is making me nervous. I want to say na hindi si Leandro ang tinititigan ko kung hindi si Beatrice.

"What do you mean 'no'?"

Humigpit ang hawak ko sa balikat niya, ngumisi siya sa hindi ko pagsagot.

"Well, whatever your answer may be, hindi na importante iyon. You're my fiancée now. I am the one who agreed to your plan."

Tumango ako sa sinabi niya, "And even if you turn me down that time, I still have a plan b to make you agree on my proposal."

Bahagya siyang tumawa sa sinabi ko, "I wouldn't turn down such an excellent proposition."

"I expected much." Ngisi ko rin sakanya.

I knew from the start that the royal seal was his best interest. At iyon lamang ang focus niya sa buong story ng novel. Until that "girl" came. The one who will be Dale's future wife. And by that time, wala na ako sa landas ni Dale.

He titled his head, "And I must thank you for giving me an advice tungkol sa gyera. We almost got ambush, kung hindi dahil sa paalala mo ay mauubos ang 10,000 na sundalo namin."

Wala naman siya dapat ipagpasalamat sakin. I only told them what I knew about the upcoming war. I helped them because in the novel we got defeated and had to give up the east side of our empire. Now, I'll help to prosper our land.

"I only gave you some advice though. Kaya sayo pa din ang lahat ng credits. Ikaw ang nagplano kung paano at ano ang gagawin sa ganong sitwasyon. It's all your hard work that pays off, Dale."

He shrugged as he guided me to turn, "Still, I wouldn't have guess about their ambush plan kung hindi dahil sayo.

Tipid akong ngumiti at saka tumango. No need to argue about it then. "If you say so."

Muling dumako ang mata ko sa gawi ni Beatrice because I saw her walking towards Emeline and Gabriel. Leandro was trying to stop her sister without causing too much attention.

"Amaury..."

I heard Dale's voice. He sounded serious this time and when I looked at him, he has his usual poker face pero may iba pang emotion ang nakatago sa maskara niyang ngiti.

"Stay next to me." Aniya, binitawan niya ang bewang ko at humakbang patalikod, "At least until both our usefulness is over."

Then I saw his retreating back getting away from me. I was left in the middle of the crowd dumbfounded. What was that? I mean I get his words! I will stay with him until I have information left, and until I'm sure I'm safe from the hands of the antagonist. Pero bakit tila may iba pang ibig sabihin iyon? Ugh!

"Milady!"

I heard Adam's voice not that far from me as I fell. Someone purposely bumped into me while I'm still lost in my thoughts. May pagkalakas ang pagbagsak ko sa sahig causing me to have a bruise on my arms.

"Bakit ba ako napapaligiran ng mga langaw?!" I heard Beatrice said habang pinapagpag niya ang kanyang gown, "Trash."

After that she walked out from the ball room. I can hear people talking and laughing at me.

"She feels like she's above everyone else just because the Duke took a liking to her."

"Just wait until the grand duke lost his interest to her."

"Right. She'll definitely be a laughingstock between the nobles and aristocrats."

Binalingan ko sila at masamang tiningnan. They are just some unknown ladies from the novel and they dare to talk about me?! Some of them flinched and looked away as I glare, pero ang iilan ay patuloy pa rin sa pagtawa at magsalita ng masasakit. But that doesn't affect me though.

A hand reaches out to me para tulungan akong tumayo. His usual expression ngayon ay napalitan ng pag-alala. The way he supported me is so familiar.

"Are you alright?" Aniya. This is the first time na makikita ko siya ng malapitan simula ng mapunta ako dito sa mundo ng novel.

"Gabriel." I whispered and then I nodded, "I'm alright."

"This is the reason why I can't leave you alone."

He hissed na ikinangiti ko naman. The novel has changed its events again but unlike before I wasn't afraid anymore. Let the novel be damned.

But not so many changes though...