prologue

"How stupid of you to let him out!"

A shiver-causing voice boomed throughout the devil's office room. The demon in front of him shuddered, his head hung low in shame. He felt shame engulf his whole being, how could he disappoint the devil of the underworld?

The demon stayed silent, his mouth pressed into a thin line. He refused to open his lips, afraid that once he does, only whimpers would come out. Every demon in the room stayed the same, head hung low and silent.

Hades clicked his tongue, his horns grew and his midnight wings opened wide. The devil's eyes turned red, an image one wouldn't imagine looking at. With one swing of his right hand, every demon present in the room flew backwards. All of them crashed either to the wall or on one another.

Each demon was afraid, except for five. The said five demons stood quietly by the devil's side, they were part of the demons responsible for guarding the gates. But Hades knew that they had nothing to do with the current conflict.

They had been on a meeting with him, leaving few demons to guard the entrance. But as soon as they left, Hades got a report that Thanatos went to earth.

The God of the Underworld hissed dangerously. "You fucking useless pests!" He cursed, voice enraged and full of venom. The devil looked back, his eyes settled on his five most trusted demons.

"Demons of the Gates, guard the palace while I'm gone. In the meantime, I'll have Charon on watch for the entrance of the realm."

The demons of the gates bowed in unison. All five of them saying, "Yes, sire." Upon hearing their response, hades turned his intense gaze to the front. The devil took long strides forward, eventually the king vanished into black smokes.

With his face stern and enraged, the devil teleported to Acheron- a river served as a portal to Earth. His red furious eyes scanned the surroundings of the river, hoping to see a familiar ferryman of his. When he was met with no one, he yelled out for Charon- his ferryman who sends the dead to the underworld, also known as Dongmin.

"Charon!" Hades yelled out, eyes scanning the river and dead rocks nearby it. Just then, a demon appeared to be standing on one of the big dead rocks across the river.

"Yes, sire?" Charon had questioned when he bowed, showing deep respect for his king. The devil had nodded his head in acknowledgement before speaking.

"Thanatos had left without explanation, the demons guarding the gates are now occupied with works. I want you to guard the entrance of the realm for the meantime."

Charon nodded his head. "Understood, sire." The demon let out, voice cold contrast to the hot fire of hell as he bowed once again and disappeared into gray smokes.

The devil jumped into the river, only to end up on one of the rivers on the overworld. Even though he had plunged into the water, he wasn't wet. Slowly, he made his way out of the garden that the river was located at and roamed around.

One snap of his finger and he's now invisible to a human's eye. Hades heightened his senses, scanning for a familiar dark aura.

How dumb of his servants to let the powerful demon of death- Thanatos, to just leave like that. He will surely cause a ruckus on Earth. That motherfucker can wreck a whole country if he wanted to. The devil only hoped for that not to happen as he flew above a city.

As he scanned the city from above, his eyes had turned crimson red when his gaze landed on Thanatos- gripping a human by its neck. The said demon was on a rooftop not far away from the garden Hades had been in earlier.

The devil clicked his tongue as he swiftly and elegantly landed on the rooftop. "Thanatos!" Hades growled out, wings still wide open and horns fully grown.

Thanatos slammed the male he was choking onto the ground and knelt in front of his king. He already knew he was doomed, there was no escaping this for sure. But the least he could do, was beg for mercy.

The human boy whimpered loudly, his shaky orbs staring at the two demon in front of him. The human whimpered once more as he tried to crawl away, tears staining his cheeks.

The devil heard the loud cries, his eyes snapped away from thanatos to the crying male. He stepped forward, his brows furrowed in confusion. Hades slowly but dangerously strode forward, as if testing the waters.

The human froze once he heard the footsteps coming his way. Slowly, he turned his head and looked over his shoulder. His already widened eyes enlarged even more. The human felt his blood turn cold as he stared at the creature. A devil was standing right in front of him.

Oh sweet lord, what had he done for things to turn out this way? The mere human had been peacefully watering his plants when he suddenly got attacked.

The devil's eyes blew wide as he stared back at those shaking orbs from the human. Hades was so sure he was invisible from the human's eye. How could this pathetic creature see him?

Hades ran his tongue along his cheek, frustrated at the thought of his powers unable to work on this human. As if the human finally came back to reality, he turned his gaze away and started crawling away yet again.

But sadly, this time a cold and dangerous voice stopped him on his tracks. "Stay right there, human. If you dare move an inch, I'll kill you right here." Hades warned, voice stern and frightening. The human couldn't help but stop and cry, afraid for his life.

Hades actually wanted to bring the human to the underworld. He wanted to take him to the high council and have them know what was so different with this human.

The devil hummed in content before turning his attention back to the demon of death. "Now now, shall we continue this, Thanatos?"

That was how a mere human, Kim Taehyung was taken to the world of the dead by the one and only, Jeon Jeongguk- king of the underworld.