xxvii. lovesick

"Go on, shoot." Jeongguk said, challenging the demon in front of him. If he were to really shoot him, then he could just teleport away, easy peasy.

"You son of a bitch!" Yumejin cursed loudly, firing the gun with no hesitation. Jeongguk smirked and swiftly teleported away, the bullet missing him by mere inches.

He had left black smokes around his seat, the bullet flying pass it and landing on whoever was behind him. Too bad, that demon behind him was one unlucky lad.

Jeongguk turned around with a smirk. But his smirk was quick to fall, his eyes widening. Fuck. It was Taehyung who was behind him.

He could feel his heart beating wildly, and it wasn't the good type. For a second, he stood frozen, rooted to the ground. Taehyung was shot, his chest was so bloody and he looked so weak. It was so hard to process, it was as if his mind was just refusing to do so. He was snapped back to reality when he saw Taehyung struggling to keep on standing.

"Taehyung!" He yelled out as he ran to the said boy who was already slipping to unconsciousness. He caught the beauty in his arms, preventing the boy from hitting the ground.

He crouched on the ground, gently laying the pretty male on his lap. His hand applied pressure on Taehyung's bloody chest, preventing more blood from coming out.

"Fuck, Taehyung!" Jeongguk called out desperately, his voice turning ragged. It was too late, Taehyung had already closed his eyes. "Petal. Stay with me, petal." He pleaded, not even caring how broken his voice was. He lightly slapped Taehyung's cheeks, in hopes to wake him up. Though, the boy didn't open his eyes.

He could feel his eyes burn, fuck he was such an idiot. "Jimin! Call Elder Han!" Jeongguk barked at the demon standing beside him. Jimin was quick to nod and dash away.

The devil turned his attention back to his Taehyung. His eyes softening as they burned. But he held his tears back, he couldn't cry with so many demons watching. "Fuck, I'm sorry, petal." He whispered, hardly biting his lip. Taehyung looked so pale already.

He snapped his head towards the culprit, his blood boiling and he was already planning how he could brutally kill him. "You motherfucker, look what you did to your future queen!" He growled out dangerously, the room growing silent, afraid to upset him even more.

Just then, the doors barged open, Namjoon came rushing in. "Sire! What happened?" The demon asked, only to stop on his tracks when he saw Jeongguk crouched on the floor, with a bloody Taehyung on his lap.

"Namjoon! Take him away to Tartarus!" Jeongguk commanded, his voice firm and full with authority. He saw Yumejin snap his head towards him, mouth open, ready to protest.

But his wings opened wide, horns growing, his eyes flashing red as he let out a low growl. He was fucking pissed. Yumejin gulped, frightened at the horrifying sight. Yet, there was a sense of satisfaction within him.

The heartbroken king, sat on the floor with his bloody lover in his arms, what a sight to see. He sent a smirk the king's way, although he was freaking out inside.

Jeongguk growled loudly, his midnight wings opening wide. "Namjoon! Get him out of here and make sure he doesn't die. I'll be the one killing him." He let out darkly, red eyes glaring at the cunning demon.

"Ah how exciting. Thrilling, I like that, sire." Yumejin breath out, licking his lips as he blushed like a madman. He really was a freak. Namjoon grabbed him by his arm and dragged him away.

Jeongguk curled his wings back closed and his horns went back to their normal size. When he felt everyone's stare at him, he growled. He didn't want everyone to stare at him, not like this. For the first time in forever, he felt so anxious, so scared. "What are you doing?! Get the fuck out!" He commanded which sent everyone running away from him.

But there were three demons who stayed, they looked at him with soft eyes which he didn't like. Pity. Jeongguk absolutely loathed it when others looked at him with pity sparkling within their eyes.

Right now, he felt so vulnerable, so broken and he exposed to them like this. But it was alright, he reassured himself. It was okay to feel this way. He's the king, the devil, but that didn't mean he wasn't capable of feeling emotions. "Hyungs," He called out weakly, it had been so long since he called them that.

He couldn't handle looking straight into their eyes so he averted his gaze to Taehyung, wanting Jimin to hurry the fuck up. Where was he? He saw a shadow being casted upon him as his friends crouched down beside him.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, making him look to his side. It was Seokjin, smiling weakly at him. "It's okay, Gguk." Gguk. It had been so long since one of them called him that, and it was what it took for him to finally cry out.

Tears flowed down his cheeks continuously, like a river flowing. His nose grew red and sobs raked his body. "He's going to be okay, Gguk." He heard Hoseok say. Jeongguk nodded his head, sniffling.

He clutched Taehyung close to him, softly kissing his cheek. "I'm sorry, petal." He whispered only for him to hear, but it seemed impossible seeing his weak state.

The door slammed open once again, this time it was Elder Han and Jimin who came rushing in. "Quick, to his room." Elder Han let out, his face contorted with worry.

Jeongguk nodded and teleported with Taehyung still in his arms. Everyone soon gathered inside the pink haired's room. The ravenette was quick to put Taehyung in bed, gently laying the beauty down.

"You can go out for now, I'll call you once it's done." Elder Han said, already readying his things. Although hesitant to leave Taehyung's side, Jeongguk nodded his head and went out along with the other demons.

He sighed heavily and slid down the wall beside Taehyung's door, his head in his hands. He gripped his hair tightly, feeling so frustrated with himself.

He should've just let the bullet hit him, he wasn't going to die just from that anyways. But at the same time, he was unsure. With his weak state, a bullet to his head wasn't the best idea.

But if it was Taehyung, he wouldn't think twice to take a bullet for him. He sighed once again, not used to feeling all of this overwhelming emotions.

Jeongguk leaned his head back and closed his eyes. It had been so long since he actually felt something so strong. It had been so long since he let others see his vulnerable state.

Since the very first time, he knew Taehyung was different. The gorgeous boy made him feel so many emotions he didn't know he was capable of feeling.

He made him feel happy, sad, worried and a feeling he thought he would never feel; love. Taehyung made him feel all sorts of things. With the pink haired, he was important not because of his status or his power but because of himself.

And yet, he treated him so badly. He didn't make him feel loved just like the way he made him feel. He hurt him so much and he regretted it.

Fuck, he should've treated him better. No one could compare to him, not even Minthe. He shouldn't have made out with Minthe when he had Taehyung by his side.

It was then, when he was on the brink of losing Taehyung that he finally realized how important he was to him.

~

a/n: you guys are so nice, I cANT TT
thank you for all the nice comments in the previous chapter! <3