viii. unexpected nymph

About an hour later of just laying on his bed as he questioned himself. Was it really that bad to call the king a jerk? Obviously, the answer was yes. A knock on his door brought him back to reality.

Taehyung abruptly stood up and went to his door. He expected it to be Jeongguk, wanting to continue the tour but no, he instead found Jimin standing in front of his door. The demon had a smile plastered on his face. Though, just like every of his smiles, it didn't reach his eyes.

Taehyung wondered to himself, do demons really don't smile?

"Hey, Jimin. What brings you here?" The pink haired male asked. As far as he knew, he didn't have any scheduled meetings with Jimin. The demon just rolled his eyes before he replied.

"Sire was supposed to finish off the tour but a whore just came back. I'm afraid I have to take his place now." Jimin explained, a disgusted tone in his voice when he had said the word whore.

"Whore? What do you mean?" Taehyung asked with furrowed brows. Of course he knew the devil must have flings but he wanted to make sure.

"Her name's Lalisa also known as Minthe, a nymph from river Cocytus." The demon let out, he gestured for Taehyung to start walking, so they did. The tour started as the two chatted.

"Does the king love her?" Taehyung curiously asked. He couldn't help but to get curious. The devil said he was his after all. Then suddenly the king has a lover? That isn't quite fair, now is it. Besides, he wanted to know if the king was capable of feeling love or just showing emotions in general.

Jimin scoffed, it seems the demon doesn't really like Lalisa. "Their relationship is complicated. I wouldn't say the king loves her. I'm afraid sire doesn't even know the meaning of love. Lalisa is just a mere fling after all." He spoke out as they stopped by a big library.

Taehyung looked around, his eyes wide, akin to a puppy's doe ones. His mouth hung agape as he stared at the big shelves in awe. He had always loved reading since he was a kid. His grandmother would always tell him stories under a big tree on their garden.

"This is the library. Books from centuries ago are still in here. There are great varieties of books you can read. From informational ones to fictional as well." The demon chimed, he looked around in a bored manner. It seems like he's not much of a fan of books.

"Can I go here everyday?" Taehyung asked with excitement, his doe eyes sparkled just by the thought of reading books all day. It was quite boring to just stare at the blank ceiling of his bedroom after all.

Jimin paused in thought. "I have to ask for sire's permission for that." He said. But then, Taehyung's adorable puppy eyes made him think again. He bit his lip as he tried not to give in.

The demon let out a sigh. "Fine, you can get books to read in your room in the meantime." He grumbled under his breath, not really sure if he could do that without Jeongguk's permission. He shrugged the thought away, it was just books after all. Surely, the king won't mind.

Taehyung let out a squeal of happiness and danced a little as he made his way to the bookshelves to look for interesting books that will hopefully get him through boredom.

Jimin just shook his head and sat down on one of the tables as he waited for the other. He closed his eyes as he tried to relax. But then, a surprised yell made him flinch and stand up.

"Ah! Holy- oh."

"What the fuck?!"

"Hey! What!"

"What happened, Taehyung?!"

There were other voices beside Taehyung's. Jimin furrowed his brows in disgust as he realized who those voices belonged to; Jeongguk and Lalisa's. A sigh left his lips as he stood beside a shocked yet disgusted Taehyung. The poor human just caught the king and his whore making out.

"Seriously Jeongguk, even in the library?" Jimin said with a tone of disappointment. It was the second time Taehyung heard the other address the king by his first name. Which made him wonder, are the king and Jimin friends?

Jeongguk rolled his eyes. "You know how horny Minthe is. Besides, I really can't resist her." The king grumbled which caused the aforementioned nymph to smirk and cling onto the devil.

Taehyung bit his lip. The nymph looked so pretty. She looked so perfect by the king's side. They looked so good together and he can't stand that. But why?

The river nymph noticed Taehyung's disgusted stare. She furrowed her brows and pulled away from the king. "What are you looking at, human?!" Lalisa questioned with a daring tone. She crossed her arms over her chest and raised her brow at Taehyung.

Her whole being just snapped something inside of Taehyung. He really didn't know what it was but he smirked and gave the same look towards Lalisa. "I'm sorry, I just can't quite understand why such a piece of garbage like you exists."

The nymph gritted her teeth in anger. "Why you-" She stormed towards Taehyung and raised her arm, about to slap the pink haired boy. But that was until a grip on her wrist and waist stopped her to do so.

Lalisa looked behind her only to see the king with an expressionless face. "Now now, I don't think that pest deserves your time and attention, baby girl." The king said, his voice a tone bit deeper.

He leaned in and whispered seductively to the nymph's ear. "Why don't you focus on me instead?" Lalisa smirked at the king's words, slightly wishing the pink haired male had heard it.

Lalisa turned around and wrapped her hands around the devil's neck. "Shall we, my king?" She whispered back as the king smirked down on her.

The two made their way out of the library leaving two males dumb-founded. One filled with disgust and disappointment. While the other was filled with a strangely large amount of rage and unknown jealousy.

~

a/n: our taetae just snapped.