xiv. god of the sky

The god of the sky turned out to be a major flirt.

He sent Taehyung flirty comments here and there while everyone on the table just watched in dismay. The pink haired male would only blush and duck his head down.

The human would be lying if he said he wasn't flustered. He couldn't help but flush pink whenever Kai would flirt with him.

But he really wasn't blushing because of his compliments. Taehyung was blushing because of embarrassment.

Kai was so — bold.

There were so many demons present in the dining room yet here he was, sending Taehyung flirty statements without a care in the world.

"I love your eyes so much, god I wonder how you would look at me with those eyes as I take yo-" Kai yet again let out with a smirk. The human looked at him with confusion, his cheeks tinted pink.

But Zeus' words were rudely cut off by Hades who slammed his hand against the table. "It would be greatly appreciated if you two would stop flirting! I do not tolerate such behavior especially when there are others around you!" The king of the underworld stated with authority. He spoke with such dominance like the king he was. He had glanced at Taehyung with dark eyes before looking away.

Taehyung bit his lip and looked down. His hands let go of his utensils and he kept them on his lap.

Kai smirked at his brother. "Jeongguk my dear brother, stop being so short-tempered. Why don't you look for a queen instead of wasting your time? We all know that hell needs a queen sooner or later. How about you hand hell over to me? Since you're really not good at ruling, I'll be a good brother and do it for you. How does that sound, dear brother?" His whole demeanor changed. He was just pouting cutely at Jeongguk earlier.

Now, the God of the Sky looked at his brother as if he was announcing war.

Taehyung understood that every kingdom needed a queen. It's just not right if a kingdom only has a king. The kingdom would be incomplete.

So hell having no queen is such a serious matter. Taehyung looked at the king as he wondered, who would be the queen?

Would it be Minthe? There was a high possibility of the nymph being queen. He was the king's lover after all.

But then again, he was the lowest of types. It would be a disgrace to have a nymph as a queen ruling over a powerful kingdom.

Then, who was a perfect fit for being a queen?

Hades clicked his tongue, the gesture seemingly hot for Taehyung. Jeongguk stared at his brother with stern, cold eyes. "That wouldn't be necessary, brother. I can manage the kingdom perfectly. But I do appreciate your offer, brother." He smiled sarcastically, eyes bored into his brother as if he was skinning him alive.

Taehyung looked around the table, noticing the heavy atmosphere. Namjoon was smiling at Taehyung with a bright face. Strange.

Seokjin and the rest of the demons had deadly stares directed towards the god of the sky. They didn't look so friendly anymore. There was no friendly smile on their faces. They looked — frightening.

Was this their true color?

They were demons after all. Right, Taehyung had almost forgot about that. He didn't blame them for being fake. At least, they made effort to make him feel comfortable around them.

Taehyung somehow felt special.

The God of the Seas, Jeon Jackson, stayed quiet. He looked bored, he seemed to take interest on his nails.