xxii. river of tears

For the past few days, Jeongguk and Taehyung had been spending more time together. With each passing day, their bond grows stronger.

Along with their bond getting stronger, Taehyung's feelings were doing the same. The pink haired found himself feeling more and more towards the ravenette after each day.

Even when Jeongguk would do the smallest things, his whole body would start feeling warm. At first, he thought the weird feeling would soon go away, but it only grew stronger.

He had an idea on what he was feeling and why. But, that idea seemed to be ridiculous. No, he couldn't have fallen for Jeongguk.

A sigh escaped passed his lips at his thoughts, he was getting more and more frustrated. It was just agitating to think so much about his feelings.

Taehyung shook his head to clear his mind. He slowly walked towards the library, having just finished taking care of the flowers in the garden.

It was his everyday routine now. After waking up, he would have dinner with the demons and then he would go to the garden right after. Sometimes, Jeongguk would even go with him which was always the best part of his morning.

After watering the flowers and trimming withered parts from them, he would go to the library to read.

With the book about flowers in his hands, he hummed a random tune as he stepped closer to the library. Taehyung furrowed his brows when he heard faint voices coming from the library.

Curiously, he tip toed towards the entrance and carefully peaked through the archway. His brows furrowed even more, his heart aching at the sound of Jeongguk and Minthe's voice.

"Don't you want to spend more time with me?" He heard Minthe's sultry voice speak lowly. Taehyung unconsciously gripped the book tighter against his chest, his heart feeling heavy.

A grunt sounded from Jeongguk, sending a tug to the pink haired's heart. It wasn't a good type of tug, it wasn't the same tug he felt whenever Jeongguk smiles or laughs, it felt different, it felt painful.

"Hm, you like that? Remember how you fill me so good? Remember how you wouldn't stop for hours? How I-" Minthe's words were suddenly cut off, silence engulfing the room.

When he still heard no sound coming from the two, Taehyung peaked through the corner, his eyes widening at the sight.

Minthe sat on Jeongguk's lap, the ravenette's hands on her small waist, their lips moving feverishly against each other.

Taehyung gasped loudly, a lone tear cascading down his cheek. He bit his lip, panicking. Too hurt and shocked, he had just dropped the book in his hands, causing a loud thud that probably stopped the two.

He breath loudly when he heard footsteps coming towards the entrance. Without a second thought, he dashed away, not even bothering to grab his book.

Taehyung rushed up the stairs, his body trembling as he fought back the tears in his eyes. Why was he about to cry anyways? It wasn't like Jeongguk and him were in a relationship.

He bit back a sob when he finally reached his door. With shaky hands, he twisted his doorknob open and slammed his door shut.

Taehyung slid down the door, hands coming up to grab a hold of his head. He finally let his tears out, he cried silently to himself, feeling pathetic. He really shouldn't cry, there was no reason to.

But he thought.. that there had been something between them. He thought, the ravenette felt the same, he thought that he liked him as well.

The devil, who rarely even smiled, laughed along with him, hugged him, kissed him and yet, all of those meant nothing? Taehyung was a fool for believing that he somehow managed to soften up Jeongguk's stone heart.