xv. purple blotches

Light footsteps echoed throughout the hall. It was the only sound that could be heard inside the eerie building.

Dark green vines surrounded the area. The walls were made of stone, green leaves peaking through the cracks. It was dark inside the building, a faint light coming from the end of the hall.

Hades whistled softly as he walked towards his beast. His right hand twirled keys around while the other carried a lifeless and bloody demon.
He dragged the dead demon along the hall as if it was a piece of paper.

After a few more steps, a smirk made its way to his red lips as a loud growl emitted from inside the cage. "Now now, Cerberus, be patient." He let out darkly, the growls coming into a stop.

His hands fumbled with the keys, inserting the right one to the keyhole of the cage. The metal bars let out a loud squeak as he pushed them open.

The smirk he sported grew wide at Cerberus' state. It was baring his sharp canines, ready to feast on his meal.

Hades tossed the demon to the creature's way, a dark sinister smile on his cupid lips. "Eat up." He let out, grimacing at the way his voice echoed loudly, breaking the silence.

He turned to walk away, only to come into a halt as Cerberus let out a loud whine. Jeongguk's brows furrowed in distaste. He stepped towards cerberus once again, the creature looked at him with big begging eyes.

The devil let out a sound of irritation, clearly knowing what Cerberus was begging for. "What is it? Are you still not satisfied with your meal?" He asked, acting as if he had no clue what cerberus was pleading for.

Cerberus whined loudly again, a puff of annoyance followed soon after. Hades clicked his tongue, he was starting to get annoyed. "I already told you, you are not allowed to meet the human again."

Hades heaved a sigh as Cerberus whined continuously. He had been begging to see the human again since their encounter. It seems Cerberus had taken a liking to Taehyung, which Jeongguk found hard to believe at first.

"Fine! Just stop being a whiny bitch and quiet down!" Jeongguk grumbled out in frustration. He stomped down the hall, Cerberus happily following him, no longer engrossed with his meal.

~

"Taehyung! Are those hickeys?!" Jimin asked in shock, his hands coming in contact with Taehyung's shoulders as he shook the human violently.

The pink haired male let out a nervous chuckle as he blushed furiously. He grabbed the demon's hands, stopping Jimin from shaking him. Taehyung scratched his ear, his pearl white teeth bit his bottom lip.

"It was Jeongguk, wasn't it?" Jimin questioned with a raised brow. The pink haired male slowly nodded his head, subconsciously tracing over the marks on his neck.

He didn't have anything to cover it up. His clothes were already inside the closet when he had arrived and most of them were revealing to say the least. So he really had no choice but to wear a simple shirt that obviously failed to cover the purple blotches on his neck.

The two were currently sitting inside the library, casually talking. Jeongguk's brothers had left shortly after dinner yesterday.

It was obvious that Kai's threat wasn't taken lightly as a meeting was already announced to be held this afternoon.

Jimin stared at him with a grin. "Looks like Minthe wasn't enough to satisfy him, yes?" The demon let out with a chuckle.

Taehyung gulped thickly and merely nodded his head. He knew Jimin didn't mean it that way, however he couldn't help but think that he was just on the side for Jeongguk to play with when Minthe wasn't enough.

He fiddled with his fingers in thought. His chest a bit heavy for some reason, but he chose to ignore it. What did the devil mean yesterday? Why did he do that?

A sigh left his lips, it was best to push his thoughts aside. Jimin seemed to have heard the sigh as he turned to Taehyung, he was about to question what was wrong when a loud bark interrupted him.

In came Yeontan, he ran towards Taehyung, his tongue sticking out as his tail was waddling crazily behind him. "Yeontan!" Taehyung exclaimed in happiness, the dog was in his 'cute form' as the human liked to call it.

He picked Yeontan up and settled the dog on his lap.

"Yeontan?"

Jimin and Jeongguk- who had just entered the library, questioned in unison. The pink haired male widened his eyes at the sound of the devil's voice. God, how was he suppose to face him?

He blushed furiously and slowly nodded his head. "Y-yeah, I named him when he's like this, in his cute form." Taehyung said, blushing even more when he stuttered.

He looked up at Jeongguk, only to see the devil staring at his neck. His cheeks went ablaze, he surely looked like a tomato right now. He bit his lip and looked down at Yeontan, petting him to distract himself from Jeongguk.

The devil merely nodded his head as he turned his heel to leave. "Jimin, make sure you two are ready for the meeting." Jeongguk had stated before walking away.

"Yes, sire." Jimin's voice faded as the king's figure retreated from the library. Once again, he had left Cerberus in Taehyung's care.

The pink haired male longingly stared at the entrance of the library. It was the same stare he gave off yesterday when Jeongguk had left him. He snapped out of his daze and looked down once more.

"Hey Jimin?" Taehyung called out, his hands softly petting Yeontan's fur. The dog never failed to cheer him up. The pink haired male smiled, hoping that perhaps Jeongguk was showing his care through Yeontan.

But really, he had no clue. He could only hope that the devil actually cared for him. Why was he so worried anyways? He sighed as he brushed off the weird feeling in his heart and tummy.

"Yes?" Jimin replied, his eyes glued to a book he was reading.

"Who do you think is suitable as a queen?" Taehyung asked in curiosity. The meeting that was about to commence would talk about the underworld's future queen.

It had been bugging him since yesterday. Even though the chances are low, there was still a possibility that Minthe would be the queen.

Jimin paused in thought. "I'm pretty sure Jeongguk would try to say Minthe was suitable. Not because he thought that the nymph is fit for a queen but merely because that bitch told him so. You see, Jeongguk tends to listen to that whore's every request, we still don't know why." he explained, glancing at his book and Taehyung every once in a while.

"But I'm sure the council wouldn't agree to that." Jimin added in, his eyes glued back to his book. Taehyung bit his lip in thought, his hand freezing for a moment. Why does the king listen to minthe's requests?

"Who would be the queen then?" Taehyung mumbled to himself, though Jimin had heard it very clearly.

The demon turned to him, his gaze had lingered at the human for too long before he turned back to his book. "You'll see." He uttered with a small smirk.

Taehyung furrowed his brows lightly. What did he mean by that?

~

a/n: hope you enjoyed the chapter!