vii. tour of hell

It was the next day after the meeting with the council. Taehyung was curled into a ball on his bed. Just like yesterday, the said male found himself staring into space.

"What did they mean? My grandmother? I was bound to serve the— pfft, nonsense." A small sarcastic chuckle escaped his lips. He turned on the other side of the bed.

"But, how did Jeongguk know granny?" Taehyung knitted his brows, he concentrated for awhile. When a sudden thought ticked something in his brain, he gasped and sat up straight.

"Was granny Sohwa abducted too?" With his wide eyes, the gorgeous male looked around warily. He wondered if his grandmother had stayed in this same room as well.

"No, no, no, that can't happen. I wouldn't be alive if that happened." Taehyung thought once again, he calmly laid on the bed. His eyes stared at the ceiling as he continued to voice his thoughts out. Honestly, he looked mentally ill because he was talking to himself too much. But oh well, typical Kim Taehyung.

"Have you finally gone insane?" Taehyung jolted at the sudden voice. He snapped his gaze towards the door of his room only to see a certain devil stood there with arms crossed over his broad chest and a raised brow.

"I-I.. W-What are you doing here?" The human stuttered, his brain didn't quite get enough time to process what just happenned. An exasperated sigh was heard from the king.

"Listen, just get up because I must show you around." The king said with sheer disinterest. The pink haired male stared at him in shock. Did he hear the king correct?

"Don't get ahead of yourself. Elder Han persuaded me to tour you around." The devil explained, voice monotoned. Though, the human didn't quite believe him. He raised an eyebrow at the king, he knew there was more to that.

Jeongguk wouldn't just agree to tour him around. Unless..

"When namjoon fetched Elder Han from Tartarus, that annoying old hag threatened to release the demons from the mountain. And I cant't have that happening. He wanted me to spend time with you. Namjoon said to just tour you around." The king shrugged gracefully, as if the matter was just nothing to him.

Taehyung opened his mouth only to close it again like a fish. "I- o-okay." He finally stuttered out. He figured that he has been staying in the small confinement of his room all day. So, a nice tour of hell doesn't sound so bad really.

Besides, it looked like he was going to be staying in Hades for a long long time.

The devil nodded and started to walk away. Taehyung huffed at that. At least wait for him.

"The door across yours is Curae's room." The devil started, he noticed the confused expression on the human's face so he sighed heavily before continuing.

"Park Jimin's room, Curae. The room to his right is Hoseok's the door to his left is Yoongi's. Namjoon stays in the room at the end of the hall. Jin stays beside Namjoon's room." The devil proceeded to list out the demon's of the gates' rooms.

"And where do you stay?" Taehyung bit his lip. He knew he shouldn't have asked that. But it's a tour right? So there's nothing wrong with that. He actually forgot where the king's room was located at since he was too busy drowning in his tears last time.

"At the very end of the hall, just near Namjoon's, the two black doors. It's the room closest to Tartarus. The sound of fire crackling irks me a lot." Jeongguk explained, he walked ahead, leaving taehyung behind.

So, that explains the fire he heard when he was at the king's room. Hell was much different than Taehyung expected it to be. It was always dark, like when it was night time in the overworld. That always made Taehyung confuse over the time.

The pink haired male soon followed. He trailed behind the king like an adorable lost puppy. Jeongguk suddenly stopped as they reached the bottom of the stairs.

"This is the living room which is already obvious. As you can see, there are numerous paintings. These are treasures that we like to display." Jeongguk explained, his dark eyes scanned the room as he did so. He stood in the room so gracefully, like a model posing for a photoshoot. But Jeongguk is far from that.

His hands rested on his back just behind his wings. This posture caused the muscles of his arms to flex. The bulging muscles of his biceps on display for Taehyung to drool on. His stood straight, with such dominance and appeal. Taehyung bit his lips at the sight.

The pink haired male shook his head. What was he thinking? He can't just check the king out so shamelessly. He hated the devil's guts. He hated Jeongguk's boastfulness. And yet, why?

Just then, Taehyung's doe eyes landed on the artpieces on the wall. His eyes lit up as he dashed to one painting that caught his interest.

"Nice choice, human. That is a painting with 2000 years of age." Taehyung eyes widen at the information the king threw at him. He turned his head towards the devil.

"How can that be? It looks new." Come to think of it, every portrait looked new. Jeongguk snickered at him, his red cupid lips opened.

"We use our powers, human." He smirked, his chest swelled with pride as he saw the amused expression on the human's face. Although, the pretty male's expression soon turned into something akin to displeased.

"That's nice to hear. But you know, I have a name! It's Taehyung. Kim. Taehyung." He huffed out, a pout on his cute pink lips as his brows knitted together in an adorable manner. He only noticed this now, Jeongguk had been calling him 'human' since they met.

"I know. But you see, I don't really care." The devil replied with a shrug of his shoulders. This caused Taehyung to huff in irritation. He bit his lips, he really didn't like the way the devil calls him 'human'.

Unknowingly, he stared at Jeongguk with cute puppy eyes while he bit his lips. Really, he was just trying to think of a plan to make the demon agree but maybe, just maybe his puppy eyes have a teeny tiny effect on the other.

Jeongguk raised him brow at the human. Honestly, he wasn't affected by Taehyung's adorable eyes. Although, it's cute, the devil just don't get affected easily.

And so, Taehyung huffed once again. "Fine! I'll call you jerk from now on, jerk!" He stubbornly let out, his arms crossed over his chest as he did so. And perhaps, that was the biggest mistake he had done in his life.

Taehyung soon regretted his decision right after he saw the twitch the devil's brow in irritation. He gulped as he saw the demon striding towards him.

The next thing he knew, he stood inside his room as the door slammed shut with Jeongguk's voice that caused him to shudder. "Stay there for the whole day and think about what you just did, pest!"

~

a/n: oopsie.