xxxx. queen of the underworld

"May I present to you, the queen of the underworld, Queen Kim Taehyung!"

Taehyung was trembling in nervousness. Though he tried not to show it as he stood in front of almost everyone in Hades, an elegant golden crown on his head and a scepter in his hand.

As he scanned the crowd anxiously, he saw Jimin mouth the word, "Smile," and gestured a smile with his puny hands. Taehyung tensed, a smile wasn't that hard to do, but that seemed almost impossible in this situation. Seriously, just how long does he need to stand in front of everyone?

The now Queen of the underworld forced a small smile, his hand shaking so terribly he was afraid he might drop the scepter. It was only a minute of being presented before the crowd but if felt like forever. It felt like an eternity. And honestly, he didn't want to feel that anxious ever again. He could just feel the bile rising in his throat, but fought against vomiting his breakfast.

Confidence is what Taehyung needed, so desperately. He was fine a week ago, he was fine earlier, when he was getting ready and fancied up, but to actually stand in front of everyone in Hades as their Queen was horrifying. It was bad enough that he hadn't seen Jeongguk before the ceremony, as he was being dressed up too.

He had hoped to see Jeongguk right before or maybe even during the ceremony, but it seemed even that was wishful thinking. The devil only appeared when he was being gifted the crown. And when he stood in front, Jeongguk was by his side but he couldn't even see an inch of him. This was so frustrating.

When he received the signal that it was okay to turn around now, he was hit by a huge wave of relief and peace just by seeing Jeongguk's face. That proud look on his face erased each and every anxious thought he had in his head.

Silently, Jeongguk was telling him how proud he was. How glad he was that he was his Queen, his treasure to keep forever, for eternity. And Taehyung absolutely loved that idea. To feel a sense of belonging was something he had been yearning for all his life. To belong. All his life he felt lost, like no one ever cared for him, so he was utterly grateful for his King.

When the ceremony ended, a wild party was bound to follow. And boy was it wild. It was held at the gigantic ballroom and the upstairs part was strictly for the King, Queen and their friends only.

"Come on, Taehyung! Take a shot!" Hoseok ushered, thrusting a full glass of beer towards him. The sight alone made him want to puke, even the smell was too much. He wasn't really fond of alcohol. Those bottles traumatized him, reminded him of his alcoholic and abusive father.

He shook his head as he stared at the glass in disgust, leaning back on Jeongguk's broad chest. "Aw, man," Hoseok exclaimed in disappointment, the plan in his head clearly ruined, he wasn't giving up though. He was determined to see the Queen of the underworld drunk out of his mind.

"Then, how about we play a game?" Jimin seemed to notice their interaction and piped in. Of course, he was part of the plan too, in fact, everyone was part of the plan. Although, Jeongguk hesitated at first, he only agreed if they stopped when it was too much. I mean, who would deny the opportunity to see his baby drunk.

At that, Taehyung beamed, "What game?"

Jimin smirked, hidden in the darkness of the private room. "Beer pong," and everyone seemed to lighten at that.

"Seriously, you guys are too influenced by the overworld at this point," Namjoon spoke up, diverting all attention to him. It was true, the beer, the dishes and even the sound system were all ideas taken from the overworld. Seokjin had a little too much fun on Earth it seemed.

Everyone glared at Namjoon, the poor man cowering in the dark. "Don't mind him, Tae, let's play!" Seokjin interrupted after stuffing a whole muffin in Namjoon's mouth just to silence him. Taehyung had absolutely no idea how the game worked, but hey, it was a game so it couldn't be that bad.