xxxiv. bath time

warning: slightly matured content.

There was an undeniably thick tension between them. It was so suffocating and awkward, that Taehyung just wanted to magically disappear.

He watched as Jeongguk licked his lips hungrily, eyeing his petite body up and down. Taehyung's breathing hitched, flushing a shade of pretty pink. But that fire of anticipation within him died down when the ravenette cleared his throat and averted his gaze.

It was always like that. He would catch Jeongguk staring intently at him, either at his face or his body. Then he'd lick or bite his lips, setting a fire of excitement inside Taehyung only for it to die down when Jeongguk would look away or excuse himself and leave the room.

How did it start again? Ah yes, after their first kiss, it had been like this. Taehyung didn't know why Jeongguk wouldn't just go for it and claim his lips into a fiery kiss.

"Jeong-" he called out, hoping to ask what was wrong but was rudely interrupted by a knock on the door. It was then, when he glanced at the clock that he realized it was time for Elder Han's daily check up.

He sighed loudly to himself as Jeongguk stood up to open the door. Elder Han came in with a small smile, equipment in his hand, as per usual.

The Elder bowed to Jeongguk, before turning to him and doing so as well. He was surprised, though Elder Han and everyone did this, he was still not used to being treated with such respect. Hesitantly, he bowed his head lightly, cheeks ablaze.

"How are you doing, Taehyung?" Elder Han asked as he set down his bag of equipment by the bed. Taehyung smiled lightly at him, glancing at Jeongguk who sat by his side, as always.

"I'm doing great, my body's not that weak anymore." He replied, utterly happy about his body slowly but surely healing. Elder Han nodded and started his usual routine of check up.

When Elder Han examined the wound on his chest, which was still bandaged up, he hummed in delight. "Your wound is healing fast, I'm surprised. With your body's condition, you can take a bath now. I'm sure you're dying to have one." He said with a chuckle, Taehyung's face lighting up.

"Really?! Oh, my God, I haven't had one in years! Can I- can I go now?!" He exclaimed in excitement, bouncing up and down on his bed. He hadn't taken a bath since he fell unconscious, he needed a bath as soon as possible. Though, Elder Han was quick to shake his head, earning a pout from the pink haired.

"You can't bathe alone. You need help since your body's still weak and it's bad to move around so much." The Elder said, silencing the excited male. Taehyung looked down, blushing hard. Someone's going to bathe him? Like, see his naked body? God, that would be embarrassing.

"T-then who'd bathe me?" He asked in a small voice, shyly fiddling with his fingers.

"The maids could hel-" Elder Han was cut off when Jeongguk, who was staying silent throughout the whole conversation, suddenly spoke up.

"I'll do it," the devil said, surprising the two. Taehyung flushed a pretty pink as Elder Han turned to his side, trying to hide a small smile.

"Um, a-are you sure I can't do it alone? Is t-this really necessary?" The pink haired questioned, blushing madly at the thought of Jeongguk, bathing him, butt naked.

Elder Han cleared his throat before nodding firmly. "Yes, of course." He said affirmatively, earning a silent sigh from Taehyung.

"Do you prefer the maids over me, Taehyung?" Jeongguk suddenly asked, his voice deeper than usual, causing a shiver to run down his spine. Taehyung snapped his head towards him, shaking his head, a permanent blush on his cute cheeks.