xiii. crybaby

"I didn't know you could hide your wings! That's awesome," the pink haired male exclaimed. He was so fascinated over something so small. There was amusement in eyes that made them sparkle so beautifully.

Jeongguk furrowed his brows, wondering how such little thing could make him happy. "You're surprisingly in a good mood today, normally you would cry all day like a fucking cry baby." He voiced out nonchalantly, his eyes skimmed through the book, not even bothering to spare the human a glance.

Taehyung rubbed his chin in thought. Why was he so happy today? He didn't really know. Perhaps because the breakfast Seokjin had made that morning was absolutely delicious, or because of something else he couldn't quite decipher.

"Hm! I think it's because-" Taehyung chirped after a few moments of thinking. But before he could finish his sentence, he was rudely cut off by the devil.

"Should I tell you something that will surely ruin your day?" Jeongguk asked, a malicious smirk casted upon his lips. The pink haired male could feel his heart beat a tad bit faster. The devil looked absolutely alluring with that smirk.

Taehyung cocked his head to the side. The king was still focused on his book, making the human unknowingly pout due to the lack of attention.

Something about Taehyung clicked when he had came to know that he was destined for Jeongguk. The thought made his heart flutter, he was such a sucker for the idea of soulmates - if one would call them that.

"Nevermind, I'll tell you later when I'm about to leave. It's highly satisfying to toy with a human's feelings." Jeongguk finally lifted his head up. Despite the evil glint in his eyes, Taehyung could feel his tummy churn a teeny tiny bit when the devil had stared into his eyes.

The devil turned back to his book within a second. Taehyung furrowed his brows at the demon before him. He was so evil, so cruel and heartless. How could he say that as if it was completely normal?

"You know, the other demons I know isn't that bad. They're kind and friendly, why don't you try to be like them?" Taehyung let out with a small hopeful smile. The devil ignored him which caused a cute pout to appear on his features. "Just a teeny tiny bit, please?" He pleaded with puppy eyes, his grandmother had always told him that his eyes was one of his assets.

Jeongguk looked up at him, a dangerous glint in his eyes. The pink haired male immediately stopped his adorable act and leaned back with a gulp. The king opened his mouth to retort back but he immediately closed it like a fish.

"Sire, sire. If I were you, treat the human kindly. Remember that he is bound you. A werewolf would say, the two of you are mates."

The devil cursed softly under his breath. He stood up and grabbed his book. "Whatever, kim." Jeongguk spat out and left the room.

Taehyung sat there frozen with wide eyes. The devil had addressed him differently. For once it wasn't 'pest'. Even though it wasn't his first name, the human found himself smiling like an idiot.

At least, Jeongguk never told him what was about to ruin his day.

~

It was the next day and Taehyung munched on his breakfast happily. Normally, he would eat inside his room but Seokjin had said that he was free to join them. The Demons of the Gates sat around the dining table as they silently ate the food Seokjin had made.

Everything was fine and comfortable. The pink haired male felt so happy to eat comfortably with someone. He always ate alone back in the overworld.

His father would yell at him, ordering him to make food. Taehyung had no choice but to obey. He could only eat when his father had finished. He would silently take the food and go to his room to eat alone.

So when Seokjin had asked him to eat with the demons, he felt so happy. Even if they were demons, they were somehow kind. The atmosphere around the dining room was peaceful.

That was until the devil entered the room.

"I told you we should really spend more time together!" An unfamiliar voice suddenly broke the silence. Everyone on the table snapped their gaze at him.

He was muscular and intimidating. Although, the small pout on his lips and the whine that had just left his mouth a few seconds ago, contradicted to his look.

The devil entered the room with two other demon trailing behind him. "Oh shut up, it's too early for this." The king grumbled as he sat on the head chair.

The two demon sat as well, their brows furrowed in distaste. "Meanie," he let out, a childish pout still painted on his lips.

Taehyung stared at them curiously. His brows cutely furrowed as his pretty doe eyes stared at the unfamiliar demons.

The demon who had talked earlier met his gaze. "Oh, who's this pretty human?" He asked with a smirk, Taehyung's cheeks blushed in result. He wasn't used to compliments.

"Mind your own business, Kai." Jeongguk let out as a servant gave him food. So Kai was his name, but who was he?

The demon named kai rolled his eyes. "Hey, beautiful. My name's Jeon Jong-in — just call me Kai, King of Olympus and God of the Sky, Zeus. I'm Jeongguk's brother." He introduced with a small smirk. The pink haired male smiled brightly.

"My name's Kim Taehyung. N-nice to meet you." He squeaked out, flustered under the demons' intense gaze. He looked down, his cheeks blushed red. He was a shy boy, he knew that very well.

"What a pretty name for a pretty male like you. Anyways, this is Jeon Jackson, he's the King and God of the Seas, Poseidon. He's our brother." Kai introduced the other demon beside him. Jackson smiled softly, he looked uninterested and moody.

"Nice to meet you," Taehyung let out with a small bow of his head. He finally averted his gaze and continued to eat his delicious breakfast.

Although, he was abruptly stopped when he felt someone's intense gaze on him. Taehyung raised his head and looked around the table. Everyone was eating their food, except for Jeongguk - who gazed at him with dark eyes.

~

a/n: i've been listening to melanie martinez' songs this past few days (hence the title) i really love her. anyways, i feel like this book is getting boring, i don't know how to fix that. thoughts?