xxxii. over the moon

disclaimer: again, i don't know anything about medicine. i don't know
anything about coma, so things are stretched to fit in the story.

It was dark and cold, he was shivering to no end. Yet, he kept going, even though his feet already hurt, he did. He needed to get away, run away from reality; that Jeongguk would chose Minthe, and not him.

That wasn't the only thing that kept him going. Because someone was going to kill him. His chest was already bleeding, it hurt so bad. Though it didn't hurt as much as his heart did.

Still running, he glanced down at his chest, seeing so much blood staining his shirt. No, he didn't want to die. He wanted to keep living, to be happy and at peace.

"But what's the point?" A voice whispered at him. He stopped and snapped his head around, looking for the source of it, but it was darkness that answered him.

"He's not by your side anymore," The same voice whispered again, building up anxiety within him. He wanted to yell out and scream at the owner of the voice, that no, he was still there; Jeongguk was still by his side.

But how could he? When he didn't even believe himself. He felt his eyes burn, welling up tears in his precious eyes. It was true, Jeongguk wasn't by his side, he never was.

"He doesn't need you." The voice whispered again, earning a sob from him. He shook his head frantically, looking around for the voice, but to no avail.

"No! H-he needs me! He w-wants me too!" He shouted in frustration, fists clenching at his sides as tears cascaded down his red cheeks. He let out a wrecked sob, it was a lie. He didn't know if Jeongguk wanted him, he probably didn't.

But he tried hard, he screamed over and over again that Jeongguk's wants him the same way he does, trying to convince himself. He did so until his throat went sore, his voice turning into a mere whisper.

However, it was all futile when the same voice whispered, and only then did he realize; it was his own voice. "He's happy with Minthe, you're not needed anymore, Taehyung."

~

With furrowed brows, Yoongi watched in confusion as tears rolled down Taehyung's cheeks. Thinking it was normal, he shrugged and went back to talking with Jimin- who was oblivious to Taehyung crying.

But they both paused when a sob sounded from the pink haired, catching their attention. Jimin's eyes widened as he rushed to the bed. "I think he's waking up!" He whisper-yelled with excitement.

Yoongi felt a small smile crept onto his lips at the sight of his adorable lover, all smiley. "I'll go fetch Jeongguk." He said as he stood up and walked out of the room.

He walked down the hall, humming a random tune. He was so sure Jeongguk would be ecstatic to hear the news. Even if Taehyung wasn't really waking up, it was a sign that he was healing slowly, which would surely please the ravenette.

"How did you convince Thanatos, again?" He heard Namjoon's voice downstairs. Yoongi fastened his pace, knowing that the ravenette was with Namjoon.

They had just came back from the Soulsand Valley, the devil having killed Minthe by slicing her head off with his bare hands. His nails can grow sharp and strong whenever he wanted to, perks of being the devil.

The ravenette had immediately sent them up to Taehyung's bedroom, saying he needed to clean his hands and talk to Namjoon. So they did and here they were now.

"Just a simple beating," He heard Jeongguk mutter with a smirk. He watched as the two climbed up the stairs, patiently waiting at the top.

"Oh, Yoongi?" Namjoon was the first one to notice him, following Jeongguk who sent him a questioning look. Yoongi just sent them a smile before gesturing at them to follow him.

Although baffled, Jeongguk and Namjoon rushed up the stairs and trailed behind Yoongi. "Did something happen to Taehyung?" Jeongguk asked, worry evident in his tone.

Yoongi shook his head, emitting a sigh of relief from him. Thinking it was just about palace affairs, he shrugged and followed.

Once they reached in front of Taehyung's bedroom, they heard faint sobs coming from the inside. Jeongguk furrowed his brows and he gulped thickly, not wanting to assume and get his hope high.

But he swore those sobs were familiar, he had heard them. He had also been standing in front of Taehyung's door then. He remembered the way his heart shattered at his cries, yet he was too arrogant and he denied whatever he was feeling.

Yoongi opened the door, and once his gaze landed on the bed, his eyes widened. He froze for a second as his eyes burned, and this time, it wasn't due to sadness. Was this real? He wasn't seeing things, was he?

When he came back to reality, that yes, Taehyung was finally awake, he pushed passed the two, who were seemingly frozen in place. Not even caring to mutter an apology to them, he rushed inside, too happy to care about anything else.

Though his smile fell and he stopped in place when he saw tears glistening on the pink haired's cheeks. It was then he realized, Taehyung probably didn't want to see him.

He gulped and hung his head low, his fists clenching at his side. He was about to turn away when that familiar velvety voice called out his name. "G-gukkie?" He heard Taehyung say, his voice barely above a whisper.

Jeongguk snapped his head upwards, locking eyes with alluring brown ones. He missed staring at those captivating eyes. As they continued to stare at each other wordlessly, tears began to pool at the ravenette's eyes. It was just so overwhelming, Taehyung was finally awake.

Without even realizing that the rest have left them alone, he dashed towards the pink haired and embraced him in a tight hug. "Don't ever leave me again," He whispered in a broken voice, a sob escaping past his lips.

He felt Taehyung tense under his touch, sending a pang to his chest. Of course, Taehyung still hated him. When he was about to pull away, he was stopped by a pair of weak arms loosely hugging him back.

"I never left, Gukkie." Taehyung whispered, his voice hoarse. This caused Jeongguk to tighten his arms around him as he smiled lightly to himself.

He was over the moon. It was beyond words to explain how much he missed him. Yes, he was there all along, laying on his bed. But it felt different to actually interact with him, to hear his beautiful voice, to feel his touch and his arms wrapped around him.

Finally, Taehyung was here, in his arms, fully awake. And he swore that this time, he would treat him better; treat him like the queen he was.

~

a/n: that's your birthday gift, jeonggukie. lmao no, it's not his bday in the story.

but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR KOOKIE! <33