xxiv. heavy hearts

Jeongguk shouldn't have let her talk like that.

It took every will of his to not kill that stupid lowly nymph. But he knew better than to do that. If what Minthe said was true, then he shouldn't act impulsively.

Of course, he was more than aware of those who are not in favor of him. There are so many high ranked demons who absolutely loathed him.

Whether it was because of his position as the king, his power or his cold ignorant attitude, many demons hated him.

Before, he really couldn't care less. But this time around, it was different. Due to his decision, the one where he chose Taehyung as the future queen, a bunch of other demons joined his haters club.

And fuck, he blamed the bond for his weakness. Because of that stupid connection, his body and power weakened. He should've sent a hard punch to Minthe yesterday but he couldn't.

He despised feeling weak. He wasn't weak, he was powerful, the strongest of strongest. Yet, he couldn't do a single shit yesterday and just let Minthe talk her flat ass off.

So he thought, why not fix his problem. There was only one solution for that; Taehyung. He would go to Taehyung and talk things out, let the human apologize (because refused to do that and he believed he wasn't in the wrong) and then stick close to him.

But you see, it's easier said than done.

Taehyung was like the source of his power since the day the boy entered hell. He was weak without him, and it was the same for the human.

But the problem is, they were still ignoring each other. He wasn't the type to just come up to a person and say, 'oh hey, i'm sorry, it's my fault'.

If only he was better at this. If only his heart wasn't so cold, then maybe, things would be better by now.

Jeongguk sighed loudly, absolutely stressed. They already talked about the issue with Minthe, they made sure the council and Taehyung weren't aware. He could handle things on his own and with a little help from his 'friends', he was sure their plan would work.

But then, Ahn Yumejin enters the picture. Another problem of his. He accepted the match, it was scheduled tomorrow. He could've just turned him down, but knowing Yumejin, he would do absolutely anything to play.

So to make matters a little bit easy, he just accepted. It was simple anyways, he just needed to play well.

First things first, he needed to talk to Taehyung. Jeongguk leaned back on his seat, eyes darting to the ceiling. He thought of where the human could be.

He tore his gaze away from the ceiling and looked at Taehyung's empty seat. He wasn't here yet. Where was he?

It was breakfast and Jeongguk was waiting for the others to join him. Namjoon and Jin were already seated on their usual spots, while the others weren't there yet.

They waited for a couple more minutes, Jin and Namjoon talking loudly while Jeongguk stayed quiet. The dinner table was soon filled with demons but still no presence of a human.

Jeongguk glanced back and forth Taehyung's seat and the door, wondering why the human was absent. He cleared his throat as the servants served them breakfast. He hesitant for a bit, but then said 'fuck it' and called Jimin.

"Jimin, where's Taehyung?" The said demon's eyes softened at his question, smiling lightly at him. Though, his smile was soon replaced by a frown as he shook his head.

"He's been skipping meals, I'm afraid." Jimin let out, sounding worried. It brought ease to Jeongguk that somebody worried for the pink haired, though that ease was swiftly replaced by concern.