xxi. flower facts

With furrowed brows, Taehyung scanned the uppermost part of the bookshelves. He managed to balance himself on the wooden ladder he stood at.

"Books about flowers, books about flowers," He chanted over and over again as if it would help his eyes find a certain book he was looking for.

The devil trusted him enough to gift Taehyung his beloved sister's garden, so it was only right to research about magical flowers to better take care of them.

Taehyung had to lean his body away from the ladder to scan a bit further. A small smile of triumph made its way to his lips when he spotted the book he was looking for.

He reached his hand forward, inching towards the book. It was difficult seeing as the book was placed away from him. So he looked down and carefully tried to step on the side-most part of the ladder.

Only that he lost his balance and a shriek of surprise left his lips, he closed his eyes, waiting for the impact.

However, two arms wrapped around him, preventing him from falling. "So clumsy, seriously." A voice mocked just by his ear. Taehyung opened his eyes, he looked behind him and saw Jeongguk, with his wings wide open, floating in air with him.

He gasped with a smile, looking down and seeing them flying. "We're flying!" Taehyung exclaimed excitedly, ignoring the devil's teasing remark.

"We're not, we're just floating." Jeongguk said with a smirk, teasing him even more. The pink haired giggled and punched the ravenette's chest, his cheeks red.

"Put me down, meanie!" He huffed with a pout, carelessly crossing him arms, knowing all too well that Jeongguk wouldn't let him fall.

The ravenette shook his head and slowly let them down, his ink black wings fluttering slightly. Taehyung followed the gesture, remembering the feather he had always kept with him.

"Why are you here anyways?" The pink haired questioned once his feet landed on the floor, his brows raised up.

"Why, aren't you thankful I came just in time to save you?" The ravenette asked back, a daring smirk never left his lips. Taehyung just sighed, admitting defeat.

A chuckle sounded from Jeongguk as he looked up. Taehyung's tummy exploding in butterflies at the melodic sound. "What were you doing up there?" He asked, turning his gaze back to the human before him.

Taehyung's eyes widened, suddenly remembering the reason of his fall.
"I was looking for a book about flowers." He said with a pout, he walked beside Jeongguk and looked up, pointing at the place of the book.

"Can you please get it for me? Up there." The pink haired requested, cutely jumping up and down on his feet to point at the location of the book.

Jeongguk hummed, eyeing the pretty male's cute body bouncing up and down with a small smile. He opened his wings — about to fly, but he had accidentally smacked the male beside him.

"Hey!" Taehyung grumbled with a frown, stepping backwards. He didn't know feathers could hurt that much. He held onto his poor face which got smacked by the devil's wings.

Jeongguk only laughed, his mouth forming a cute bunny smile. The pretty male looked at him in a daze, marveling at the sweet sight of the devil's rare smile.

"You're cute when you smile." He blurted out, the words shocking them. A hand quickly flew to his mouth, covering it as if it would make their minds erase the words he just said.

"A-ah, I-I mean.. Y-you should smile m-more often- I-I'm not trying t-to tell you what to do o-or anythi- you know what just forget it." Taehyung sighed and cut himself from rambling. God, that was so embarrassing. He was just scared that Jeongguk might get angry.

He expected a shout, or a frown. Only that a laugh was what he got. Taehyung eyed the ravenette with a surprised expression on his face, totally taken aback.

The pink haired started to smile as well, unable to stop himself. These days, he just couldn't help but smile at whatever Jeongguk does.

Whether it was a small smile, a smirk, a laugh or a hug from Jeongguk, he would always get the same reaction from his body. His heart would start beating loudly and fast, his tummy would feel weird — as if it was swarming with butterflies, his cheeks would feel hot and his mind would constantly think about the ravenette all day.

What was this sweet feeling?

"You're cute when you're nervous." Jeongguk replied and flew up, not even giving him a chance to reply.  Taehyung watched with a blush as the ravenette got the book he wanted and flew down.

"Here," Jeongguk uttered, thrusting the book to the pink haired. Taehyung looked at him with a grin and hummed.

"Thank you," He muttered with happiness. He kept the book close to his chest and sat down at his usual table, Jeongguk sitting down beside him.

He opened the book and hummed in approval at its contents. "Why do you need that anyways?" Jeongguk asked, his head perched on his hand for support, staring at the book in Taehyung's hands with disinterest.

"I wanted to know more about magical flowers since of course, we don't have them in the overworld." Taehyung explained, not once looking up, his focus mainly on the book.

The ravenette hummed, not liking the lack of attention from the pink haired. He ran his tongue against his inner cheeks, incredibly bored.

Silence engulfed them for awhile. Taehyung was focused on reading, seemingly too engrossed with facts about magical flowers. Jeongguk rolled his eyes too many times, having nothing to do.

Only then when Taehyung looked at him with a frown that the ravenette almost screamed, 'thank fuck'. Although, he didn't really like Taehyung having a frown, at least the boy had finally given him attention.

"Ggukie, did you know that if you fed someone pomegranates they can't leave your side forever?" He asked sadly, surprised by the magic the plant could give.

"I didn't know that." Jeongguk lied, not wanting Taehyung to know the evil deeds creatures from hell had done with that particular bud.

It was normal for demons to get a human slave and a pomegranate was the perfect solution to make their slaves stay.

"How come you don't? Aren't you supposed to be super smart as the king?" Taehyung teased, now smiling, enjoying the way Jeongguk frowned at his words.

"I'm not interested in plants or flowers, you nerd." Jeongguk grumbled, his hand raising up to gently poke taehyung on his forehead with two fingers.

The pink haired whined with a pout and turned his attention back to the book. Jeongguk sighed, the sound going unnoticed by the human beside him.

He rolled his eyes once more before getting up, the chair screeching loudly which caught Taehyung's attention. "You leaving?" He asked, his lips unknowingly turning into a pout.

The ravenette only nodded his head, mentally smiling at taehyung's adorable pout. "I'll see you later, petal." He said softly and ruffled the human's fluffy locks before leaving.

Taehyung blushed at the action, a hand flew to his chest, feeling his heart thump loud and fast. Then another hand went to his cute tummy, the feeling of butterflies still there.

"What is this feeling?"

~

a/n: in some stories similar to this, whenever taehyung (the human in the story) eats, he immediately gets bounded to hell. but in this story, there's no 'bounding to hell' thingy.

however, if the creatures from hell were to feed a human pomegranates, then the human is bounded to them, not to hell.

just some info for those who are confused.