i. dirtiest waters

Kim Taehyung hummed a happy song as he watered the blooming flowers of his garden. With a happy grin casted on his lips, he joined the chirping birds on humming an unknown song.

After finally watering the last flower, he sighed in content and decided to take a break. Taehyung sat on a wooden bench located inside his garden in front of a small river. The pretty boy grinned once again when his gaze landed on the lotus flower in the middle of the river.

The lotus was Taehyung's favorite flower. Sure, it doesn't have a beauty like the other gorgeous flowers but it has a deep meaning and symbolism.

The lotus flower meant purity. It also symbolizes one's life; even when its roots are in the dirtiest waters, the lotus still produces the most beautiful flower.

Taehyung smiled as he recalled the meaning of it. It always brought him happiness when he remembers the symbol of the lotus. The pretty male considered himself as a lotus.

His mother had died when she gave birth to little Taehyung. So, the poor boy never really got proper treatment from his father. His family blames him for their mother's death. Poor Taehyung, he believed all of it. The fact the he's an only child made his life worse. Nobody was there to protect him from his father's abuse.

The only way he finds calmness and peace was through gardening. Taehyung loved watering and taking care of the plants. Ever since his grandma had taken him to her garden- which was Taehyung's current garden- gardening became his hobby.

The male smiled once again at the memory of his late grandma. He reminisced the way his grandmother had told him stories about this garden. Her grandma had always told him that this garden holds many secrets.

Taehyung loved his grandma as if she was his mother. The little boy also knows that her grandma loves him just as much. Considering that his grandma had always told him to take care of his health and especially his beautiful face.

The pink haired male giggled at the thought of his grandma styling his hair and dolling him up. Though he frowned once he remembered that his grandma had always looked at him with pity and guilt. Taehyung didn't think further into it, the little boy only thought that it was because of his pathetic life.

He had heaved a sigh before bringing his hands on both of his sides to support him as he slumped down. Taehyung closed his eyes, feeling a lone tear ran down his cheeks.

"I miss you, grandma.." The male whispered to no one in particular, his eyes closed peacefully. He relaxed under the sun as the leaves whistled a familiar tune. The birds chirped loudly as they harmonized. The harshly loud sound of the river's flowing current-

Wait. Why's the river flowing so hard? It was just a small river, it wouldn't produce such loud noises. Taehyung opened his eyes to look at the river in front of him. There was nothing there, but it seems like something's moving under the water.

Could it be a fish? Taehyung slowly stood up from the bench and kneel in front of the river as he scanned underwater. He tried his best to make out figures but there's really nothing under the water.

The silver haired furrowed his brows when the water bubbled even more. Just then, waters splattered out as a figure lunged out of the water and landed in front of Taehyung.

The boy crawled backwards, his eyes fixed on the male's red ones. Taehyung trembled in fear as the male looked at him intensely, licking his lips like a mad man in the process.

"W-who a-are you?" The frightened boy managed to stutter out, still slowly crawling away. The male in front on him smirked in an evil manner.

"Death, human." The dangerous looking man let out before sprinting forward. Taehyung had screamed loudly when he stood up as fast as he could. He ran towards his apartment building, up the stairs and onto the rooftop, all while screaming for help.

People had looked at him weirdly, thinking he was crazy. Though, they had just stood there and gave him weird looks, not even bothering to at least ask him what was wrong. It was okay, he was used to it, nobody ever cared about him.

Taehyung huffed as he clutched onto his knees. The boy had thought he lost the unknown male but he was surely wrong. He looked around his surroundings, adrenaline brought him here. Now that he realized, the rooftop was such a bad idea. Not soon after, a man jumped into him out of nowhere and gripped his neck.

"You dare run away from me, human? Oh, I'll be feasting on you today." The man growled out, licking his lips and sharp teeth disgustingly.

Taehyung eyes widen and his whole body started shaking. His trembling hands latched onto the man's wrist in an attempt to stop him but to no avail. Taehyung cried as he choked out words, "P-please.. l-let g-go of m-me!"

But the man didn't stop, only opened his mouth as if ready to devour his prey. Taehyung screamed and closed his eyes, already knowing that this will be his end.

The poor human only waited for the pain.

"Thanatos!"

Alas, he felt his body being thrown away as pain surged through his whole back. Taehyung slowly opened his eyes only to whimper at the sight.

A man with large horns and spread out midnight wings appeared before him. Crimson red eyes staring at the man before that tried to kill him. Taehyung cried shakily at the sight of those scary red eyes.

He whimpered once more as he tried crawling away from the scene. To no avail, Taehyung froze on his spot once he heard footsteps coming his way. He turned to look on his shoulder only to be met with red raging eyes.

The human cried even more, Taehyung sobbed continuously when the devil spoke sternly. "Stay right there, human. If you dare move an inch, I'll kill you right here." The man warned dangerously that had the human nodding, afraid of being killed.

Poor Taehyung, he was only watering his plants and peacefully reminiscing about his childhood. What had he done for things to be this way?

The human obeyed the devil, not knowing that once he does, his whole life would come to a change and crumble down.

~

a/n: i enjoyed writing this chapter. i hope you enjoyed reading it. <3