xxx. absolutely hopeless

Jeongguk was absolutely hopeless.

It had almost been a week since Taehyung fell into this state of unconsciousness and he showed no signs of waking up. The devil always stayed by his side, waiting for a simple flick of a finger or anything at all. But he got nothing.

Despite this growing feeling of hopelessness, which seemed to grow stronger day by day, he was holding onto a thin thread of hope. Even though he was feeling insecure, he stayed right by Taehyung's side, just as he promised. Because he was willing to wait, even if it would take years.

After a long while of thinking for a solution, there was only thing one that came to his mind. It wasn't much of a solution, but it'll do. "Hyung, can you visit him in his sleep?" Jeongguk asked desperately, his head turned to the God of Sleep, Yoongi.

One of his powers was that he could visit minds. Even if it was a demon or a human, he could enter their dreams without much struggle.

The aforementioned demon turned to him with raised brows. A sigh escaped his lips as he came forward, sitting at the empty space on Taehyung's bed. "I'm not quite sure if this will work." The demon said, turning his gaze from Taehyung to the ravenette.

Jeongguk eyed him with large eyes, begging desperately. "Please," He whispered, not even caring that his voice cracked.

Yoongi looked at him with soft eyes before sighing. "Fine," He huffed out as he placed two fingers against Taehyung's forehead. "Here I go then." He let out as he closed his eyes.

Jeongguk's eyes widened, wanting to tell Yoongi what he needed to say to Taehyung. "Wait!" He called out, but it was already too late. Yoongi had opened his eyes, blackness filling them, with no single trace of color.

The ravenette sighed in defeat as he slumped on his seat. But before he could continue to sulk, Yoongi's eyes had already turned to normal as his brows furrowed in confusion.

"I can't enter his mind." The God of Sleep stated, a bit baffled. Jeongguk stared at him with questioning eyes, telling him to continue. "This can happen, but it rarely does. It's when a human is incapable of dreaming." Yoongi explained, watching as Jeongguk's expression immediately fell.

Although baffled, the devil figured that it was because Taehyung was in a coma, so his brain was temporarily incapable of dreaming.

"It's fine, thank you for trying." Jeongguk said, a bit disappointed yet he knew that there was nothing he could do. So instead, he stared at the pink haired, as he usually does.

Taehyung was so beautiful, so pretty and so perfect. Even in his sleep, he managed to look so breath-taking. Jeongguk watched closely as the pink haired continued to sleep.

He held Taehyung's hand in his, never once did he ever let go. His head was resting against the soft material of the bed. The rest of the Demons of the Gates were present in the room as well, eyeing the ravenette with a concerned look.

"You should at least take a bath, Jeongguk." It was Hoseok who broke the peaceful silence, his voice soft. The ravenette glanced at him before continuing to eye the beauty before him. Right when Hosoek thought he was being ignored, Jeongguk shook his head.

A sigh escaped from the demon's lips as he glanced at Namjoon, begging for help. Namjoon shook his head and cleared his throat, hoping to convince the ravenette. "Come on, Gguk. You haven't showered in days, we'll watch him."

Jeongguk stared at him silently, seemingly contemplating. With the look of begging in their eyes, he couldn't possibly say no. So, with a sigh, he slowly nodded his head.

They were right anyways, he should take better care of himself. He eyed the pink haired one last time before leaning in and pecking him on his forehead. "I'll be right back, petal." He whispered, making sure none of the others heard it. He brought a hand up and caressed Taehyung's cheeks before standing up and leaving the room wordlessly.

He strode down the hallway, quickly reaching his bedroom. Hastily, he opened the door, grabbed a towel and went to his bathroom to shower. With the thought of leaving Taehyung for long, he quickly finished, not wanting to be gone for quite some time.

Jeongguk got out of the bathroom with an emotionless face. He walked towards his wardrobe and stared blankly at his clothes as he drowned in his thoughts.

Taehyung showed no signs of waking up. Every time Elder Han came to check up on him, Jeongguk would only receive a small smile and a 'don't worry, he'll wake up soon'.

He didn't know what to do anymore.
A day after Taehyung's accident, the time when he felt absolutely devastated (although it didn't quite work and he found himself missing the pink haired so badly after that) he distracted himself with Minthe.

No, not like that, but planning on sabotaging her. He had stalked Minthe for a day, following her around without her knowing. He had worn his helmet of invisibility, making him invisible to a demon's eye.

When Minthe went out to Thanatos, he was also in the room, listening closely to their conversation. In the end of the day, he realized that no matter how hopeless he was, he'd always go back to Taehyung.

Speaking of Thanatos, he actually needed to pay him a visit, like right now. An exasperated sigh escaped passed his lips, knowing that he really had to go to the said demon, it was important.

"I need to settle this," Jeongguk whispered to himself as an encouragement. He was hesitant on leaving the pink haired, he didn't want to, never did.

Eventually, he snapped out of his dazed state and dressed up. For the past few days, his wings had been hidden, it was a pain to hunch over the bed with such weight on his back, so he decided to hid it for now.

But for his plan to work, he needed his wings. So, when he got out of his room, his midnight black wings were already on full display as well as a cold look on his face.

He sped down the hall, quickly opening Taehyung's door. The others turned his head to him, acknowledging his presence. Jeongguk eyed the pink haired as he walked to him.

He leaned down, pressed a kiss to his forehead and cheeks, before whispering, "I have some things to do, petal. I'll be back soon, rest well." Jeongguk whispered in a soft voice, eyes staring at Taehyung's serene face with much adoration.

"I'm going to Thanatos, take care of him." The devil barked out, his soft expression from before swiftly morphing into a deadly look. The others nodded, bowing their heads slightly, knowing fully well what their king would be doing.

With that, Jeongguk's form was engulfed in dark black smokes, teleporting him to his desired destination.

Once he got there, he knocked vigorously on the door. His jaw was clenched, eyes cold and dark. It took a while, but the door eventually opened.

Thanatos stood before him, his face painted with shock as his orbs started trembling, the mere sight of the devil was quite frightening.

Jeongguk's eyes flashed a dangerous red, a sinister smirk coming up to his lips. "I have one thing to say," He said lowly, towering over Thanatos.

The said demon looked so horrified, it was quite entertaining. "Y-yes, sire?" He asked with a shaky voice, not forgetting to voice out his respect.

"Agree to Minthe's proposal."

~

a/n: me thinking where to put smut: ya'll want jeongguk to have sex with a dead taehyung?

edit: there will be no smut, sorry about that.

VILLAINOUS | TKOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara