xxxvi. lovey dovey

"Straighten your back!"

Taehyung groaned out loud, taking a hold of the books atop his head and turned to look at Jeongguk. "I don't understand why I need to do this! I'm not going to be some model or something!" He whined, his lips forming into an adorable pout.

The ravenette raised an eyebrow at him, crossing his arms. "You won't be a 'model'- whatever the heck that is- but you're going to be a queen and you can't even walk properly!" Jeongguk grumbled, a sigh escaping from his lips as he massaged his temples, in an attempt to ease his stress.

Taehyung pouted even more. He was fully healed now and he started doing lessons, for his coronation. It was his third day of practice and he barely improved. Jeongguk was his guide, though he loved it, the ravenette can be quite strict.

"I can walk properly you know! Can we just- move on to something else? We've been practicing walking for three days! I can practice it on my own, It'll be best if we move on instead of getting stuck to one task!" The pink haired huffed out. Jeongguk stared at him, as if realizing he was a genius.

"Now that's why I chose you," the devil said with a smirk. Taehyung placed the book by a nearby table and looked at Jeongguk questionably. "Though it may not look like it, you're smart." Jeongguk continued with a smile, grabbing a hold of his slim waist.

Taehyung stared up at him, his hands placed against his buff chest. "I'll take that as a compliment. Can we go eat dinner now?" He asked cutely, his soft doe eyes pleading.

Jeongguk chuckled at him. "You know I can't resist you. We can eat, but you have to give me a kiss first." He reasoned, puckering his pink lips, making Taehyung blush. Without much hesitation, he leaned in and complied to the devil's request.

Kissing, cuddling and being touchy in general were all normal to them by now. Taehyung even sleeps at Jeongguk's bedroom. How did that happen? Well..

Flashback

His room was cold and dark, save for a scented candle lit up on his bedside table. The wind blew harshly, his curtains billowing. He had forgotten to close his windows, again.

Taehyung slept soundly on his soft bed, the events before putting him in a deep slumber, he was absolutely tired. But a whimper broke the silence, following the sound of shuffling.

The pink haired gripped the sheets, his brows furrowed in his sleep, beads of cold sweat forming on his forehead. "No, no.. please don't!" He murmured helplessly in his sleep.

Every night, since he awoke from his coma, the same nightmare kept replaying on his head, over and over again. For the first time in forever, he hated his voice.

His voice, that screamed at him that Jeongguk doesn't love him, doesn't care about him, was full of insecurities. It terrified him. But what horrified him the most was that, it was his own insecurities.

He was afraid, so so afraid that what his own voice was saying, could potentially be true, a reality. So with a small scream, he awoke from his sleep and sat up on the bed, breathing heavily.

His eyes were glossy and shaky, beads of cold sweat running down his forehead. He whimpered once again, curling up into a ball. He ducked his head onto his knees, finally letting his tears fall.

He sobbed and sobbed, feeling his insecurities drown him. Ugly sobs racked his whole body and he found himself choking. He raised his head up, trying to breath in some air.

It was then the door slammed open, in came Jeongguk, looking panicked. Taehyung's eyes widened and he swiftly wiped his tears away. The ravenette stared at him with soft eyes before making his way to him.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked in the softest voice ever, and Taehyung found himself crying once again.

~

And that was how he ended how sleeping in Jeongguk's bedroom, every single night. Just like tonight, where he laid in bed with the devil, cuddled up against his warm body.

All of these, yet... they weren't lovers. They did all of these lovey dovey things, but they aren't a couple. It was odd, but Taehyung didn't say anything about it. He was content like this, in Jeongguk's warm embrace. But there was a small part of him, that was scared. If he would to ask Jeongguk what they were, would he say they were nothing?

"Jeongguk.." He called out softly, hearing a hum from the ravenette. Taehyung hesitated, gulping thickly. "Can I.. can I visit my father?" He finally blurted out, burying his face further into Jeongguk's neck, afraid of his reaction.

It was dead silent for a few moments before Jeongguk spoke up. "You're leaving?" He asked and Taehyung swore his heart broke at how broken the ravenette's voice sounded. He looked up and stared at Jeongguk, shaking his head.

"I'm not. I just want to go back for a while, I can't just leave my father." The pink haired reasoned, looking up at Jeongguk with soft pleading eyes. The ravenette sighed and sat up, bringing Taehyung up with him.

"Are you sure? You told me.. he wasn't the best of a father." Jeongguk said, his voice full of worry, making Taehyung's tummy flutter with butterflies. It was nice how much Jeongguk worry for him.

"But he's still my father, Gukkie. I won't be gone for long." Taehyung let out, still pleading. Even though his father wasn't the best, he was the only one who raised him. Well, that was half truth. When his grandparents were alive, they used to look after him.

But that wasn't for long. Because when he was nine, both of them died. It was crazy how they had died at the same day, as if they were really destined for each other. They didn't die because of any disease, they were simply too old.

Since then, it was his father who had raised him. He wasn't the best, he wasn't good either, heck, he was bad. But Taehyung's pure heart still thought of him as a father.

After much struggles, Jeongguk sighed, finally nodding his head in agreement. "But, you'll only stay for a week, got it?" He bargained, earning a pout from Taehyung.

"Fine, a week it is." He replied nonetheless, at least he still get to go out. He was planning on going around his town, as he didn't get the chance before. Well, he could only do so if his father would let him.

And they laid down again, snuggling onto each other. The warmth each of their body provided, was more than enough to lull them into sleep. They reached dreamland with no troubles at all. Eventually, they were sleeping peacefully, not knowing the troubles that will soon be upon them.

~

a/n: short chap :3
oh and yes, i forgot to say in the last chap, that i changed my username again. sorry and don't get confused!