30

"And then the two leaves and Tanya pursued her career in the government." I said.

"Hmm... that's rather too fast, Anansi." God replied.

I sighed before closing the book.

"Then how about a better ending for her?" I asked.

He chuckled back and nodded afterward.

I placed the book over to the other books I had tried rewriting for the past couple of millennia. They were just regular stories really.

Nothing new.

But then, he told me of a special task for me to do. It was out of the blue for him to ask me to write down a line of interactions of a certain non-believer who I must say is very interesting.

He said that he wanted to see what would happen if he were to give this person siblings to look over in their reincarnation. I was surprised that he asked for such a trivial thing actually, considering he can make anybody a believer just by appearing in front of them. Even in dreams.

But what's it to me that I agreed?

Sheer entertainment, I get to play the trickster in it and have fun ruining things in his life and then unexpectedly making it seem like it was a blessing for it to be fixed.

I chuckled after hesitating on throwing the story away.

"What if I differed the ending for you? I mean like...she has her own free will in it after all, if she realizes or figures out how to counter my scenarios she might just show us something interesting." I suggested after glancing back over to God.

He hummed before agreeing after a few minutes of deciding.

And with that, I took the book back over to my work desk, ripped every single part that leads over to the ending and rewrote it into something more... romantic.

"Excuse me, does this man still have those manly likings?" I asked.

"Anansi...you would be surprised if I said that along time ago that he still has his man attributes of still liking women." He laughed slightly over speaking.

I was excited.

Taking the quilt after a quick dip on the ink jar.

I began my revision on his story.

...............

Tanya awoke to the sound of sizzling, the sunlight caressed his tired face as he sat up and yawned in his small fit of stretching.

He was alone in the large three bed sleeping quarter.

It must be his mother cooking. Add up the laughing and sudden whining in each passing minute.

It must be his brothers downstairs with their mother.

"I should get myself ready..." Tanya muttered as he placed a foot on the carpet floor.

And as soon as he did, he felt a small wave under his foot. It was as if he stepped into a small mili meter of water.

It was then followed by running. Running up the stairs and a loud opening of the door.

Tanya shrieked slightly as he fell to the floor with a thump and a somewhat heavy load above him.

"Good morning!" Jian yelled over Tanya's ear which ringed loud enough for Jian to receive a punch in the stomach.

Jian wheezed out a laugh as soon as the pain struck his stomach when he fell sideways almost limp.

"You know it's already been four years after you disappeared from the public eye!" Jian groaned out as he curled into a ball in pain.

The punch wasn't that strong really.

"Stop exaggerating the light hit I gave you." Tanya scoffed.

Jian stuck his tongue out which teased Tanya for a quick second.

Tanya gave Jian a small threat in which wasn't finished as soon as Jian returned the light punch from Tanya, but this time he kicked him right in the stomach.

Tanya coughed up air from the sudden force that gave way to forcing all his air out of his lungs. He knelt down beside Jian and hissed from the pain as he clutched one of his hands together into a fist.

"A-Are you two ok..?" Rayan muttered as soon as he entered the bedroom to find Tanya and Jian on the floor in pain.

"I'll leave the explaining to Tanya." Jian huffed as he regained his composure after settling his aching stomach down.

Tanya growled slightly as he stood up, staggering at first but kept balance then on when they began walking down the flight of stairs.

"What were you three up to again?" Their mother asked in slight amusement.

"Mother, would it be surprising for the public if we came back after four years?" Tanya asked.

Out of the blue, Rayan chuckled.

"Well...we are going back but at a party after all." He said as he handed the white beautifully designed and sealed envelope.

Jian hummed as he stared at it in curiosity and excitement.

"Indeed, you three are going back but it'll be more surprising to the public if they see you now as handsome looking men." Their mother gave a joke as soon as Tanya began to take out the letter from it.

"Then... we'll just fabricate it as that we hid our true gender to keep personal data safe! Or something like that!" Jian said as he glanced around the fancy designs in the letter, they were in colors of cold and silver which brought its sparks to life.

Their mother began placing their plates of breakfast on in front of them as she herself began to slowly dig in on her meal.

Tanya continued to read, his eyes widening slightly in a few things written in it. While Rayan and Jian watched in curiosity as they took their munches out on their plates.

Tanya let out a sigh over his small smirk as he placed the letter back in its place.

"What's your look supposed to mean?" Jian asked as he took a big gulp on the glass of orange juice in front of him.

"Everyone that had served the war is coming to the gala." Tanya said as he took a bite out of his meal.