40

The four horsemen of the war walked out of the restaurant chattering before a worrisome subject was brought up.

"Wait, where's Viktoriya?" Weiss asked as he scanned the moonlit road.

She was nowhere to be seen anywhere.

The others looked around in sheer concern for their old comrade.

"Where on earth is she?" Koenig mumbled as he called out Visha's first name out loud.

The four of them were getting quite worried at this point on that they began to look around a little farther from the restaurant. With only a few minutes or so passing, they made it in front of a park.

The park was lightened up by the moon and lamps at most.

"Let's take a look over here. She might be in there, which would be weird." Neumann suggested as he made his way inside the open gates with the others.

It wasn't lonely actually, in fact, there were some people still up and about walking around.

...

Tanya sighed and sat beside Visha who kept staring forward.

'damnit, I'm a man whose gotten into relationships here and there, in which all ended up with the girl I date leave me for someone whose better than me! I'm forgetting how these work correctly now, and why do I feel like a child!??' Tanya thought as she stared forward as well.

"Viktoriya." Tanya began.

Visha attentively hummed and glanced over to Tanya who had a spec of blush across his face.

"I'm not really good with these anymore but..." Tanya said as he calmly fiddled with both hands clasped together.

"Captain," Visha hummed as she waited for Tanya to continue.

"You can stop calling me captain in public especially when we're in civilized form right now." Tanya blurted out which struck Visha right in the head.

"I apologize, capta-- I mean...T..Tanya!" Visha stammered as her heart skipped a beat from the sudden and abrupt serious tone Tanya had in her voice.

"Sorry, I was too blunt, but I want to say something..." Tanya said.

"Y..yes..?" Visha hummed.

"Something that I've been... meaning to say, to you..." Tanya began while trying to fish the right words.

He was somehow having a hard time on his own tongue really. Something felt off of how he couldn't speak clearly in front of her older subordinate.

"I mean...what I want to say is that... I... I want to ask you..." Tanya stammered.

Visha nodded calmly while blushing slowly.

"I want to ask you..." Tanya felt her face heat up, his chest feel heavy as if being prodded by something sharp to make him jolt in excitement.

Visha stared before gulping when Tanya placed a hand on his forehead.

Tanya took a deep breath before blurting it out.

"I want to ask for your hand!" He said.

Visha gave a confused look, yet her face was red from how Tanya was only mere inches in front of her face.

Tanya faked a cough after immediately recoiling away from Visha's personal space.

"You... want to ask for my hand..." Visha repeated in a mumbling tone as she placed a hand by her chest.

It was too much that she felt like fainting by now.

Meanwhile Tanya was having a hard time trying to comprehend what was happening to his demeanor. It was a sudden change for him to feel weak in the knees, especially for someone she's known for a long time since at the age of being a very young minor.

'what is wrong with me!?? Why am I like this???' he thought while trying to snap himself back to reality.

Faking another cough, he stared forward at Visha who was beet red in the face.

"V...Viktoriya are you alright..?" Tanya asked as soon as he saw Visha's face even redder than he remembered being last time.

'the captain is asking me out!??' Visha thought as she stared forward, not realizing what she was even doing or looking at.

Tanya gave a confused look before waving a hand t of Visha who wasn't responding.

"V... Viktoriya are you alright!?" Tanya asked in crippling concern for the older woman.

Yes, Visha was shorter now, but she was still the older one.

"Viktoriya!?" Tanya called out.

She called out for almost a few more times before getting a response really.

Visha glanced up and immediately apologized for worrying Tanya who was almost going to give her a calculated slap in the face to wake her back up from her trance.

"What on earth even happened? You zoned out completely in front of me." Tanya said while placing a hand on Visha's shoulder.

Visha meekly laughed before apologizing once again. But what's done was done anyways.

"Sorry, I got you scared." She said while trying to calm the situation.

Tanya sighed, smiling back once again as he took his hand away from Visha's shoulder.

There was a moment of a long silence in the moonlit park before Tanya decided to ask a question once again.

"Viktoriya?" He called out.

"Yes?" Visha pondered.

"What's your answer??" Tanya asked.

Visha stared face red before glancing away with fiddly hands.

"Well, I have to think about it first..." She mumbled.

Tanya sighed, before speaking.

"I understand, I'll give you time until you're...ready to answer the question." He said before standing up while stretching his arms out.

"So for now, I just want to ask you out." He continued before reaching a hand out for Visha to take.

Visha nodded, her face red as she reluctantly took Tanya's hand in a flushing face.

"If it doesn't bother you with our work." Tanya said.

Visha gave a confused look before realizing what he meant.

"Ahh...right, relationships like these aren't allowed in the military workplace." She pondered.

Tanya calmed his look as he once again glanced at her with slight pity in his eyes.

"Can't I just make an exception for the both of us, Viktoriya?" Tanya asked before leading the way out of the park.

"An exception for what?" Visha asked as she followed suit behind him.