One|| Dreams

Theme Song: Warrior by Demi Lovato

-----------------------------------------------------------

My dream was filled with children giggling, and I watched from above as four little girls ran through the halls of an orphangage, laughing.

One of those little girls was me, with my dark brown hair waving around me. Sarah and Isabella ran ahead, while little blonde Emmeline tried to keep up.

Little me looked up as Sister Mary rounded the corner, a harsh look on her face.

"Get down to the dinning hall for supper, all of you, now!" She said in a scolding tone, and the children's laughter and smiles died immediately.

They walked down the creaky, narrow steps with their heads titled down towards the ground.

Little me was nine or ten, I didn't remember exactly.

The next part of the dream went by on a fast track, and it changed. I was seeing it through little me's eyes.

Ariel was brought down and sat beside my brother, Thomas. Her plate was set in front of her, with the least amount of servings out of any of us.

They gave her the world's smallest cookie, and Ariel's eyes lit up, although she hid it well.

She reached for the cookie, but my brother snatched it away.

"Give it back Thomas!" Ariel said.

"Thomas, don't!" I whispered. "Give it back!" I saw the nuns looking over.

Thomas waved the cookie in Ariel's face, laughing.

Ariel glowered at him. She finally lost her cool, biting Thomas' finger along with the cookie in his hands.

"Ow! Hey!" Thomas said, glaring at her.

"Oh no!" Emmeline whispered.

Father Osotto appeared and the nuns picked Ariel up by her arms, dragging her away.

Ariel kicked and screamed, but they were all bigger than her.

"Look what you did, Thomas!" Isabella hissed.

"I was just playing," Thomas looked ashamed.

"Now she's going downstairs!" Sarah said.

"Silence!" Sister Alicia roared, and we all shut our mouths.

My dream picked back up creeping down the hall late at night, a cookie gripped tightly in my hands.

I walked down to the basement- the door was never locked, kids always stayed away from it.

Fear gripped me, but I kept going.

I passed the cages until I found Ariel's. "Ariel!" I whispered into the darkness.

I heard the sound of chains moving, and Ariel crawled up, gripping the cage.

"Taylor? What are you doing down here? They'll catch you!" Ariel whispered.

"Here," I said, handing her the cookie through the cell doors. "This one is mine."