Fifteen|| Mommy Mikaelson

||Taylor's P.O.V||

"-just like that, yes!" Janice applauded me while I stared at the t.v, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I don't get it." I shook my head.

"Mom, she's weak, give her a break." Evan came in and gently took the half-made bracelet from my hands.

Thanks. I linked him gratefully. I wasn't really that weak, I just needed a break from her insistence.

"Are you hungry?" Janice asked. "I can get you some food. Pudding or jello?"

"Pudding, he eats my jello." He gestured to Evan.

"I catch you eating her food I'll slap the mess outta you, boy, you hear me," Janice threatened her son, and he nodded.

"Yes Mom."

"Vanilla or chocolate, dear?" She asked.

"Chocolate, please."

"Oh of course." Janice left the room.

As soon as I heard her footsteps receed, I let out a relieved sigh.

Evan rolled his eyes.

"Now I know where you get your scary intensity from," I remarked.

"Obviously I got my charm all on my own." Evan replied, leaning down and kissing me.

"Oh no, you got that from her too." I disagreed.

He chuckled, and then grew serious.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me softly.

"I'd lie and say I'm fine so you'd quit hovering, but my poker face is at its worst because of these meds- also, I'm so high, I'm incapable of lying." I added. Evan rolled his eyes at me and laughed. "It still hurts." I said truthfully, and Evan's eyes flashed with pain.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, we've been over this a thousand times." I said.

"I should've stayed with you."

"Your pack needed you. You did what was right, Evan." I placed my hand on his and took it. "You saved me. You saved both of us."

"The width of a hair, Taylor." Evan said quietly, backing away. "That's how close I came to losing the one good thing I have."

"I'm still here, I-" I stopped, feeling pain in my chest.

Something was pressing on my lungs.

"Taylor?" Evan rushed to my side. "Taylor?"

"I can't- I can't-" I was hyperventilating. I couldn't breathe.

I grabbed at his arm and Evan turned towards the door.

"SARAH! SARAH!"

I heard the monitor start beeping like crazy as my heart beat skyrocketed.

Nurses came in at top speed, Sarah in the middle.

She pulled out a light and shone it in my eyes, temporarily blinding me.

"Her pupils are dilated!"

"Blood pressure is rising!" A nurse called.

"Sarah!" Evan cried, backing away with his hands behind his head.

I could feel his panic mixed in with my own.

"I'm scared," I tried to say, but it came out as a wheeze.

"Her lungs are clouded, prep her for emergency surgery now!" Sarah ordered.