Twelve|| I'm Sorry Too

I walked into the kitchen, finding everyone already in there, having a laugh.

Where was Evan?

I wonder if he’s still upset. Will I be going through my heat alone? He wouldn’t do that to me… would he?

“Where are Ivy and Rafael?” James asked.

“Oh, come on. We all know they’re still in bed. The real question is; what are they doing in bed?” Hudson asked crudely. Jess slapped the back of his head. “Ow! Woman! What was that for?!” Hudson cried, rubbing his head.

“Seriously?” Jess asked, placing her hands on her hips. I watched this scene with amusement, although I was still stressing.

I can't do my heat alone.

“Or who they’re doing,” James muttered under his breath, and Willow looked up at him without saying a word, staring at him dangerously. James laughed nervously. “Baby, you know I’m just joking,” he said.

Willow looked away, and James looked at Tristan with wide, panicked eyes. “Help.” he squeaked.

“Wow. I am so sorry you two got stuck with them,” Ariel said to Willow and Jess, shaking my head.

“Hey, Tristan is just as bad, you just haven’t heard it yet.” Hudson said defensively, and Tristan glared at him.

“Oh, and I’m sure you and Evan haven’t gotten all cozy yet?” James retorted.

I felt pain in my heart and looked down for a moment.

“Um, no, actually.” I said quietly, and the mood dampened for a moment, making me feel nervous and guilty.

Sarah touched my arm, shooting me a reassuring look.

“You can stay here as long as you want, you know that right?” Tristan asked me. Ariel nodded with agreement.

“This place was made for you, Taylor. This is our home.” Ariel said.

I didn't miss the quick disappointment flash through Tristan's eyes, but his poker face was back.

He had a damn good poker face.

“I know, thank you, King Tristan.” I nodded.

“Please, call me Tristan. We are all friends, aren’t we?” I nodded.

“Where are Rebecca and Oliver?” Ariel asked to change the subject.

I shot Ariel a grateful look, and her eyes filled with understanding.

“Getting to know each other,” Sarah muttered cryptically, and Hudson snorted.

“She means Rebecca is introducing her mate to the taste of the mat,” he said.

“Actually, Oliver can hold his own against her.” Isabella piped up. “I saw him nearly beat her. Of course, neither were using their abilities, just the average wolf strength.”

“No way!” James exclaimed, interest fully peaked.

"Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. Maybe he was drawing from her?" Ivy asked curiously.

"They haven't marked each other, it's not possible." Hudson shook his head. Then, he paused.

"They haven't marked each other, right?" He asked slowly.

"No, they haven't." Isabella shook her head.

“Taylor, I think you should get the door.” Tristan said quietly, and I looked up at him, confused. “He’s always watching, Taylor.” He told me.