Thirteen|| Oops, I Forgot!

I walked back towards Haven through the woods, Evan beside me.

We came upon the back porch and I spotted Phoebe sitting there on the steps, her head in her hands.

Evan's phone rang, and he pulled it out.

"I have to take this." He said, wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing the side of my head. "Play nice." He whispered.

I nodded silently and he walked away, answering his phone.

"Yeah, Kaden?"

I walked up to the steps and Phoebe looked up towards the sound.

When she saw it was me she looked away, sniffling as tears streamed down her cheeks.

I made a decision that would alter the course of our relationship for the rest of our lives.

"Wanna tell me why you lost it back there?" I asked her, and she sighed.

"I'm a witch." She said. My eyebrows furrowed, and I sat next to her. "My power. It made me into a witch."

"And?"

"It's dark, and I can't control it." Phoebe's voice wavered, and I could sense her fear. "And it takes control sometimes and I find myself saying things I'd never say. And it scares me." She broke down crying again, and I wrapped my arms around her. "I'm so sorry." She sobbed.

I rubbed her arms and let her cry, feeling sorry for the girl.

You have to let this go. Thomas' voice echoed in my head.

Let this go.

"You need to talk to someone, Phoebe. Someone other than me. Someone who can help you." I said.

She nodded. "I know. I just... I don't know how."

-------------------

I sat in my room in Haven, cross legged on my bed, staring at the knife in my hands.

I killed more than a handful of men using this knife.

I twirled it in my fingers, sighing.

A knock echoed on my open door and I looked up to see Evan walk in.

"Hey."

"Hi." I stopped twirling the knife and gave him my full attention.

"Will you come home?" He asked, getting straight to it. "Will you make my pack your home?"

I looked down at the knife and twirled it once, seeing the dead as I moved it.

"Yes." I said, looking up. "If you'll have me."

He nodded, looking away. This was awkward. He didn't know how to say thank you.

He went to walk away, and I stood up quickly.

"Evan wait, I-"

Evan turned around and took long strides straight to me, grabbing me and kissing me roughly.

I held onto him, fisting his shirt, kissing him back with equal passion.

"Please don't leave me again." He whispered, breaking the kiss, keeping his eyes closed.

The words were choked, it was hard for him to even say them. He couldn't even look at me as he asked me something so personal to him.

I placed my hand on his cheek and kissed him softly.

"Keep kissing me like this and I'll stick around forever," I teased.

"I'm serious, Taylor." He opened his eyes, and I inwardly cheered in satisfaction. "I can't do this again."