Seven|| Broken And It's Okay

I walked into the bar an hour later, stiff, sore, and in need of a drink.

I walked up to the bar and found Sarah and Orion already there.

"Hey guys," I greeted, taking a seat beside Orion. "A martini please." I said to the bartender. He nodded.

"A martini?" Orion asked with disbelief. He and Sarah had beers.

"Don't start with me." I said. He chuckled.

"Here you go," the bartender placed the glass in front of me, and I just stared at it.

"Are you not gonna drink that?" Orion asked.

"The martini," Sarah said, with a bitter laugh.

"What about the-"

"The Good Doctor always had one in the mini fridge for after the procedures." I cut off Orion. "I order one and stare at it to remind myself why I don't drink, and why I'm still alive."

Orion was speechless for a long momenr. "That's deep," was all he could say, and I smirked.

"You have no idea."

I heard footsteps and I turned, seeing Evan enter the bar. It was clear he was searching for someone, and when his eyes landed on me, he headed towards me.

"Are you healed?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'm all good now. Got a goodnight hug from Emmy and everything." I said.

"Good. Can I talk to you?" He formed it like a question, but he wasn't asking.

I nodded, abandoning the martini and following him up the stairs.

We entered his office, and I could tell a silent storm was brewing in him.

I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting.

"You cannot do that ever again." Evan turned on me. "I could have killed you in that field."

"I wasn't worried." I said. "I knew you wouldn't hurt me."

"Well, you weren't safe." Evan said.

"You got control. You didn't hurt me."

"An action I may not be able to to again," Evan said through gritted teeth.

"If, and that's a big if," I started, getting his attention. "If you and I get into a relationship and if you actually start to care about me, I happen to think that you'll be able to control yourself and stop yourself from hurting me." I said, backing towards the door.

Evan's eyes were wide with shock. "But you have to want to control it, Evan." I said, shaking my head and opening the door. "I can't do it for you."

I closed the door behind me and went to my room.

I changed into my pajamas and turned around, lifting my shirt and looking in the mirror.

The doctor said that the scar would be there for a few months, since I'd shifted and hurt myself really badly.

It joined the other scars on my torso from all of the experiments.

There was a quiet, timid knock on my door, and I left the bathroom to open it.

I looked down, finding Emmy standing there in her pajamas, rubbing her eyes.

"Emmy? What's wrong?" I asked.

"I had a nightmare, and I can't find Uncle Evan." She said quietly.

"Come here, sweetie." I said, letting her in.