Two|| Diversion

I jogged through the woods, listening to the quiet sounds of the birds chirping, and the wind moving through the leaves.

I stopped to catch my breath and sighed, looking around at the beautiful morning.

Let me out. No one's around. My wolf clawed at the surface.

I looked around and sighed, giving in. I jogged down to the river, taking off my clothes and stuffing them under the usual big rock.

I shifted into my wolf and sighed with satisfaction, shaking out my light grey fur.

I stared at my reflection in the water. My wolf was beautiful, she was tall and lean, with light grey fur and a dust of white on her haunches.

My own brown eyes stared back at me, and I turned, running down the side of the creek and into the woods.

It felt good to run on my four paws, feeling the dirt shift between my claws, the wind brushing through my fur.

My wolf rose to attention after about an hour of running and I slowed. I sniffed the air, and paused.

Wolfsbane and silver. I could scent that, mixed with the smell of metal and human.

Hunters.

I turned tail and ran at normal pace as to not startle them. I could hear them tailing me a few yards back.

I went into the creek and crossed over.

The dip would slow them down. Once I was in the cover of the trees I took off running, back to my boulder.

I shifted and put on my clothes, smearing dirt on my cheek.

I ran back towards them. Once I was a few yard away I let out a scream and started running quickly, as if someone was chasing me.

I heard the hunters come running, and once they spotted me I purposefully tripped on a tree root.

I collided with the ground with a thud and an 'oof!'.

Hands grabbed my arms and helped me up gently.

"Are you alright?" One guy asked. I nodded.

"There was a-a-"

"A wolf?" Another asked while I stammered. I nodded, my eyes wide with fear.

"Are wolves supposed to be that big! It was huge!" I said in a panicked tone, hyperventilating.

"Just slow down and tell us what happened," one younger guy said to me gently.

"I was just running on a new path and I got lost, and I was just walking through the woods trying to find my way home and then I turned around and there was this HUGE wolf standing there, with big teeth and weird eyes and- did I say it was huge? Because it was huge!" I said.

"What happened after that?" One guy asked.

"What color was it?"

"Grey? Or white? Or maybe brown?" I was unreliable, and that frustrated them. "I'm color blind, it's a new diagnosis and I still haven't figured out what's what," I said sheepishly.

"That's alright, did you see which way it went?" Another asked.

"It heard something and started running whatever direction that is," I said, pointing North. "I was already screaming and running in the opposite durection- I did NOT wanna get eaten!" I added dramatically.

"Do you know where you are now?" One guy asked. I looked around, and then shook my head.

"Um, not, not really."