Epilogue

"Rargh! I'm gonna get you!" Evan got up and started chasing Emmy around the back yard, making all sorts of silly noises. Emmy tried running away from him, but she was breathless from laughing so hard.

Evan picked her up and slung her over his shoulder, swinging her around, making her squeal.

"She just ate Evan, don't make her sick!" I called. He set her down on the ground and she took off running again. Evan walked over to me and sat down on the blanket beside me, cupping my face in his hands and capturing my lips in a sweet kiss. It left me wanting more. I was so horny. It was annoying.

"Any news?" I asked.

"I don't want to ruin the moment," Evan said, rolling his eyes and groaning.

"Evan," I whined.

"No, nothing. Some stuff here and there, Rebecca's already spoken to her pack, preparing them for war. It's not looking good. Win or not, this will be very messy. There will be no way to shield our kids from it." Evan's eyes locked on Emmy, who was blowing bubbles in the yard and dancing around in circles.

"I'm sure Anna can keep the majority of it from Emmy, Evan," I assured him softly, taking his hand in mine.

"I'm afraid of how she'll feel about it. Goddess knows that I'll have to get involved a few times, and if the others are right, you'll be smack dab in the middle of it." Evan's worried blue gaze turned to me. "I don't want that for any of you."

His eyes flickered down, and I cupped his face in my hands, kissing him softly. "Everything's going to work out fine." I assured him.

"I hope so. I want our kids to grow up in a world without all of this bloodshed." Evan said, determination sparking in his eyes.

"I know. I do too," I said, leaning my head on his shoulder. I looked down, my hand stroking my swollen belly. No matter what happened, I would always keep our family safe. Always.

THE END

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I kept the epilogue short and sweet, figured it didn't need to be dragged out. 

But WAIT!!! Don't leave YET!!

Get ready for the next page guys, I know you've been waiting for this moment!