Six|| Learn

"Where are we going?" I asked Sarah.

"We're going to train." Sarah told me, getting in the car.

"But I-"

"We're going to train." Sarah said firmly. "No buts." I huffed, sitting in the car.

I didn't want to train.

--------------------

"What are we doing?" I asked Sarah with exasperation, tucking my hair behind my ear as the wind blew it around.

"Think about what makes you angry." Sarah said. "Tap into that anger. Use it."

"And do what?" I asked.

"Move that," Sarah pointed at the shipping container sitting across the field.

"That?!"

"We're not leaving until you move it." Sarah said, crossing her arms over her chest.

She sounded like Ariel.

I grumbled under my breath in mutiny, but I closed my eyes anyway.

I thought of my brother. That had to make me angry, right?

I felt the ground begin to tremble, and felt the power surge through me.

I opened my eyes and concentrated my power forward, opening my fists and letting the vibrational force blowing out of them.

I knocked over some boulders and shook some trees, but the shipping container remained still.

"Again. Something that makes you angry."

"I thought about Thomas. If that doesn't make me angry, what will?" I asked her.

"You don't have the anger stage of grief." Sarah said, shaking her head. "You need to think of something else. Probably something that happened to someone else."

I sighed and turned around. Again I tried, and this time I thought about the experiments, and the caged kids, and the abuse.

Nothing.

"Something else!"

"I'm trying!" I said in frustration, and I honestly felt like stomping my foot.

"Emmy's family were victims of a serial killer."

I froze.

Emmy.

"What?!" I asked loudly, whirling around and glaring at Sarah.

I felt the power surge under my skin and a wave that almost knocked me back.

I heard the creaking and groaning of metal, and turned around to see the shipping container blown back almost three feet.

"You're compassionate, and empathetic. You get angry when things happen to innocent people. People who should've had a better life than you. You-"

Sarah stopped talking and I paused too, listening sharply.

"Rogues." Sarah said. I turned around, and suddenly we were surrounded by almost a dozen growling, mangy, angry wolves.

"Oh no." I said.

"We can't run. Fight." Sarah told me.

The rogues surged forward, and Sarah jumped to meet them, shifting mid air and howling, her howl echoing throughout the Georgia forest.

Three rogues came at me and I concentrated on the thought of Emmy's life being changed.

I threw my hands out, blowing back three wolves at once.