Twenty-Six|| Luna

I stood in the dressing room, facing a tall mirror, my stomach a bundle of nerves. I was so nervous.

"Are you ready?" Janice placed her dainty hands on my shoulders, looking into my eyes through the reflection. I inhaled and exhaled deeply, still trembling.

"You look beautiful, Taylor." Mila appeared beside me, and I looked at her, my fears quenched slightly.

"I'm scared," I admitted breathlessly.

"It's okay to be scared." Sarah entered the room and I gasped.

"Sarah!" I cried with relief, throwing my arms around her.

"Don't mess up your hair!" Mila cried in outrage.

"You came," I breathed.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." Sarah replied, rubbing my back encouragingly. "Now let's get you married."

"This is so exciting!" Camila entered the room, a gleam in her eyes.

Per Pack tradition, I was allowed to have two outsiders be here when I was made Luna. Ariel was swamped, so I didn't ask. No one else outside the pack was allowed to know what was happening. Pack leaders, like Lunas, Alphas, or Betas, couldn't come. So I took advantage of those rules to invite Camila and Sarah.

I had no family to invite. I just had them.

Anna entered the room, Emmy in hand. She looked so cute in a fluffy white dress, a flower crown perched on her short blonde curls.

"Look, Taylor!" Emmy spun around in her dress, giggling. "I look like a princess!" she stopped, looking at me with wide eyes, her mouth falling open. "You're so pretty!"

I felt my face redden. A child managed to make me feel embarrassed. What would the entire pack do to me?

"Here," Janice approached me again, a flower crown in her hand. "It's tradition for the previous Luna of the pack to make a flower crown for the new one."

I lowered my head so she could place the crown on my head. The soft orange wildflowers rested on my raven strands. The top layer of my hair was in a messy, loose french braid, pinned to the bottom layer, which was pinned to look like the end of a french braid, but I had no hair tie.

My dress was beautiful. The top layer of my skirt was a see through white lace, with the back of it long, dragging behind me. The bottom layer was a fine white silk, clinging to my curves, and leaving nothing to the imagination.

The corset was slightly different. The same white lace covered my body, but the v-neck dipped all the way down to the corset, leaving my entire sternum between my breasts to view. There was no back of the dress, all you could see was my skin.

I severely hoped I had no acne anyone could see. I would die of embarrassment for sure.

The corset thinned into a single, three finger wide strip up until my sleeve, which perched over my shoulder like a piece of shoulder armor, except it was silk, and clung to my skin tightly.

I just hoped Evan wouldn't get jealous. There was so much skin to see.

"Are you ready?" I turned to Janice and inhaled deeply, nodding. She smiled. "Excellent. Let's get you down that aisle."

I listened to the music as Emmy went down the aisle, throwing flowers. I could hear her giggling, and her silliness making the audience laugh.

Camila and Sarah went next as my bridesmaids. Mila carried the rings, and then it was our moment. I was terrified.

"One step in front of the other." Janice breathed into my ear.

Evan? I asked, searching for comfort.