Twenty-Eight|| Heritage

||Taylor's P.O.V||

"How is she?" I looked up from the bed as Evan walked in, a tired look on his face. He had gone to visit Ariel in the hospital again. Evan refused to let me leave the pack. I was so weakened by whatever curse was in that knife, I could barely channel enough strength to lift the coffee mug- much less my powers.

He'd been visiting her every day for the past two and a half weeks.

"She's still alive," Evan told me, and I sighed with relief.

"Does Hudson have any more evidence from the crime scene?" I asked.

"What crime scene?" Evan scoffed. "It's a cliff edge."

"I'm sorry." I looked down, twiddling with my fingers. We were both on edge, not knowing if our Queen would be alive, and we'd often found each other's breaking points.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you." Evan came over to the bed and kicked his shoes off, grabbing his shirt and pulling it over his head, tossing it on the floor.

"It's okay," I said quietly. He laid down with his head in my lap, and I ran my hands on his head, tangling my fingers in the dirty blonde hair that he was beginning to grow out.

He kept the side of his head above his ears cut short, but he had some fluff in the back, and on the top of his head, he had at least three inches of golden brown soft locks that waved to the side in a straight pattern.

I had cut mine to shoulder length, and he was sad to see it go. But I loved his hair. I loved running my fingers through it.

Evan closed his tired blue eyes and sighed heavily. "I've missed you." he said softly. I hadn't seen him all day... for weeks.

"I've missed you too." I replied. We'd both been so busy with the packs. Evan was helping out the best he could with the mess at the Blood Pack, and Orion and I had our work cut out here.

Evan looked up at me, his eyes soft and filled with longing. I bent my head down and gave him a kiss.

I broke away after a moment, but he wasn't satisfied. He grabbed my face gently and pulled me back down.

He turned his body over and pinned me gently to the bed, his lips working against mine, slowly becoming more passionate, and more desperate.

"I love you," he murmured into the kiss.

"I love you too," I replied, confused.

"Just let me love you," he said softly, and I gasped when he kissed the mark. "Please."

I gave into him, letting him love me all night long, and long into the morning.

----------------

My phone began ringing, and I walked over to it, picking it up and answering it. "Hello?" I asked.

"Taylor, we're ready. You should come down here and see this." Isabella told me. I sighed.

"Alright. I'm coming."

I left the house and headed up to the pack house, finding Evan's office and knocking on the door before entering.

Evan looked up from his desk, setting down the paper he was reading. Orion waved at me from his seat on the couch.

"Time to go," I said to him, nodding out the door. "Isa cracked the drive."

"About time too," Evan muttered, rising to his feet and walking over to me. He grabbed his leather jacket and shrugged it on, fixing the collar.