Three|| My Queen

"Got it?" Thomas asked, checking on me as I picked up the box.

"Yeah I got it, worry about yourself," I said, rolling my eyes and laughing.

I put the last box in the trunk of our old van and Thomas closed it with a thud.

"I'll check the backyard for anything that may be ours, and grab the gun." He said. "You get the passports."

I nodded and we both went back inside, closing the door behind us.

I looked around the kitchen. It was a mess, Brett's dirty dishes were strewn all over the table.

I opened a drawer and lifted out the fake bottom, pulling out the two fake passports.

I grabbed the passports and stuck them in my pocket, grabbing the dirty dishes and putting them in the sink.

I heard Brett howling in pain and rolled my eyes, figuring he probably stubbed his toe again.

I turned around and saw the man standing in the kitchen behind me. I gasped and the bowl fell out of my hands, shattering on the floor.

The man had an army buzz cut, giving me little to see of his dirty blonde hair. He was tall and fit, with striking blur eyes and scruff along his jaw and around his lips.

He smelled delicious. It was the perfect blend of my favorite scents of the woods.

Mate. My wolf growled. His eyes were glowing orange now, and he stared at me, stunned.

"Mine," He breathed.

"Who- who are you?" I asked.

"Evan!" I heard a woman's voice call.

"Kitchen!" He called back. I heard running feet and a woman who looked oddly familiar ran in, her brown hair tied up in a pony tail.

"Hunters! We need to go!" The woman said urgently.

I peered at her, confused. "Ariel?!" I asked.

"Taylor? What's going on? Who is this?" Thomas came in, and I looked from him to Evan, speechless.

His scowl faded when he saw Ariel, and he sank to his knees, placing his fist over his heart.

I felt the urge to do the same, bowing my head.

"Guys, now is not the time. Dante is leading the hunters and they're after us. Get up!" Ariel said quickly.

"What the hell was that?" A woman and a man entered the room, and Thomas and I shared a shocked and confused look.

These were the Alphas.

Oh my Goddess my mate was the Alpha of the Star Pack.

I turned and stared at Evan with wide eyes, and his head tipped to the side, gauging my reaction.

Before that he had been looking between us and Ariel, shaking his head, but now he was approaching me and grabbing my arm with surprising gentleness.

Shocks danced under my skin, and I gulped.

"Come on, we need to leave. You're not safe here anymore." Evan told me, staring deep into my soul. I nodded barely enough for him to see, and he reached up to touch my face.

His fingers hovered just millimeters from my skin, and he stopped. I didn't realize I was holding my breath until I couldn't anymore.

"Ariel, I thought you were dead. How?" Thomas asked.

"Long story. Isabella, Sarah, Ivy and I made it" Ariel said.

"The other kids in the cells, did they-"