Twenty-Five|| Date

"Taylor?" Evan's soft voice and his nudging woke me from a deep sleep filled with no dreams... and it was beyond pleasant.

"What?" I grumbled, turning over.

"Taylor, baby, wake up," Evan whispered in my ear, his breath washing over my cheek.

"Evan," I whined out, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Taylor, come on, I have plans," Evan poked me. I pulled the duvet down from my face, glaring up at him with shocked eyes.

"Did you just poke me?" I demanded. Evan smirked.

"I did. What are you gonna do about it?" he taunted me. He was trying to get a rise out of me, to get me out of bed. But instead, I just burst into fits of laughter.

I couldn't believe how much he had changed in just a few days. He was vibrant, and when he smiled at me, he really smiled. He talked to me a bit more, opened up, called me baby, and he was playful.

It was so amazing how he let me see the part of him I always knew was there.

"Why are you laughing?" Evan asked, looking confused. This only made me laugh harder. "Come on, Taylor, stop laughing." He poked me again, and I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

He pounced on me, pinning me to the bed and staring at me, the frown on his face fighting to stay firm.

"Taylor," he growled out. I quickly flipped us over, straddling him and running my hands down his chest.

"Yes?" I asked, arching an eyebrow at him. I leaned down and planted a soft, teasing kiss on the corner of his lips. I raised my head to back away but he grabbed my face and pulled me back down, kissing me firmly.

Evan was very abrupt and he was rough. He wasn't too rough, but gentle wasn't really in his vocabulary.

And I didn't mind. I liked the passion. I liked the surprise.

Needless to say, I stayed in bed for a little while longer.

-----------

I raced through the woods on four legs, shaking out my fur and weaving between trees. I heard Evan racing close behind me, and felt a laugh building up in my chest.

It had been a little while since I exercised in my wolf form. So naturally, when Evan suggested we go out for a run, I took off, turning it into a game of chase.

I was always fast. My body wasn't big like Evan's- in fact, I was much smaller. I was thin and nimble, able to run faster than my burlier mate. From what I'd heard, Ariel's size outmatched even Evan's large form.

I noticed Evan break off and run in a different direction, and my steps faltered. Evan rarely left my side when we were out in the forest. He was too afraid I'd meet death... again.

Where are you going? I linked him.

Follow me. He replied, sounding amused. Shrugging my thin shoulders, I turned, my paws digging into the ground and sending dirt flying into the air as I skidded around and took off like a shot to catch up with him.

Once I did I slowed, not wanting to head in the wrong direction again. I trotted at a slower pace at his side, my body often brushing up against his.

I brushed up against him again, and Evan turned on me, his eyes gleaming. We got... a little distracted.

----------------------------

Evan set me down from where I was with my back up against the tree, and handed me my clothes. "Here. We'll walk the rest of the way." he said.