Episode 3

"So we're doing this at night because why?" Jay said. Cole rolled his eyes.

"Obviously because it'll be harder for them to see us dimwit." He said.

Jay glared at Cole. "I was just asking." Nya shook her head.

"Can you all just concentrate and stop your bickering? They might hear us." She hissed.

The group had stayed in Ninjago for the remaining hours, and were currently looking through the windows at the crowd.

"According to the transponder, he should be around here somewhere." Zane said. He scanned the area.

"Let's split up and try to find more information about this." Lloyd said.

"And where are we going to find more information?" Jay asked. Kai sighed.

"Down there obviously!" Kai said. The ninja jumped down, and entered the square. The tavern was huge - bars lined the entire house, and people were crammed at them. Knives were being thrown left and right, and Nya had to catch Jay before one sliced his hair.

"I'm going over here to investigate." Nya said, dragging Jay along with her. That left Cole, Kai, Lloyd, and Zane.

"I'll take the upstairs." Kai said. Cole stared at the noodle section, and headed off.

"I guess I'll go right." Lloyd said to Zane.

Zane went forwards, deciding to disguise himself. When he opened the door, he found himself in the middle of a bar fight.

Zane dodged three knives, a gun shot, and a thrown beer bottle before reaching the bar manager.

"Is it always like this?" He asked. The manager looked at him. One of his eyes were missing, and he had a dark mustache. He cleaned a glass, and stared at Zane.

"Every night." The man sighed.

"Is there any way I can get information here?" He asked again. The man paused.

"Probably for the right amount of money." He said.

"Any other way?" Zane asked. The man pointed towards a certain fellow who was throwing the most knives. The fellow wore a long, dark brown cape, and had two guns at his waist.

"Find a way to impress him, and you've got more knowledge in your palms than the amount of water in the Atlantic Ocean." The man said. Zane gave him his thanks, and made his way over to him. The man stared at Zane, eyeing him up and down.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't throw this knife at you." The man said. Zane stared at him.

"Uhh." He said. The man stared at him again, then flashed a blade.

Zane swallowed. I don't have anything to bribe him with. He thought.

The man raised his brow, then shot a knife at him. At the same time, three bullets were shot in his direction, and five knives were flung at him.

Zane dodged each, and picked up a knife. The man stared at him and raised his brow higher. He flicked his collar, then Zane saw ten more approaching knives. He dodged every single one, and flung one back.

"Do you mind if you stop---" Another knife was thrown, and Zane stood agitated.

"Please stop." Five knives followed him, and Zane's eyes flashed white. Zane then blinked again, feeling his powers growing out of control.

Don't do it. Zane steadied himself, but his anger started flowing through; causing his eyes to flicker between blue and white.

Stop it. You'll hurt them. They're just thieves who don't deserve it. He reminded himself. More knives were thrown.

Zane glanced at one of the knife throwers, and the thief changed from his normal outfit to a bloody, mangled corpse. Startled, Zane froze, and a couple of knives managed to pin him down. He was then held up against the wall, with a group of men surrounding him. The ringleader watched him and smirked.

"Boys, you know what to do." He said, turning his head away.

Get.

Off.

"Me." Zane smiled, his eyes a cold white. He took a knife off the wall, then slashed it against one of the men. The men howled in pain, and Zane laughed. He threw the knife at the next man, and then took the rest of the knives off the wall.

"Let's play a little game, shall we?" Zane said to his opponents. He gracefully moved around each, and cut every single person. Each person dropped to the floor, and the bar was soon filled with bodies and pools of blood. The only people left standing was the bartender, and informant.

Zane dropped the knife on the floor as his eyes turned back to blue. He ran over to the bodies, then sighed in relief as he felt their pulses.

The man sat their and whistled slowly. He walked over the bodies, and kicked them around.

"Now I'm impressed. Ain't ever seen anything like this before in these parts of town." He asked.

Zane looked down, depressed at his inability to stop himself. The man watched Zane's paused, then stared at his face.

"I know why you're here." The man said.

"You do?" Zane asked. "Yup. Now follow me." He said.

"And call me Muskrat." He kicked the bodies.

The two left the hectic atmosphere, and entered a small room. Two men stood outside, but Zane ignored them as he went inside.

"I'm assuming your here for information on that scientist." Muskrat spoke. Zane turned to him.

"How did you---"

"It's been the topic of the week. Everyone's been excited about the deal going on tonight. And since you've arrived on the day that everything's going down, it makes sense. So, what do you want to know about it?" Muskrat said to his face. Zane could smell the alcohol off his breath.

"Where's it going down?" He asked. Muskrat backed up, and leaned against a chair.

"Behind the bar we were in is a double door, hidden away from the general audience. It's unguarded, but there are guards inside who overview the transfer. There's a catch to their operation though, to make sure no one follows. They have six vans heading out, and only one has the scientist." Muskrat said.

"Thank you." Zane said. He waved to him respectfully, then turned and left the room. Muskrat watched him leave.

"No problem." Muskrat said to himself. "I'm sure we'll meet again soon."

Muskrat started cleaning out his pistol. He looked at his reflection, and smiled.

"Real soon."