Episode 22

Zane flicked off a knife throw from Juliet. Juliet rushed up next to him, and Zane brought in his dagger to reflect her jabs. She bounced back with a grin on her face.

"Come at me. I didn't have the chance to do it last time, so why not now?" Juliet said happily. Zane grinned.

"Same goes for me." Zane said, running up to her. Zane brought his two curved daggers in her face, and Juliet replied with short ones. The two clashed in a duet of blades, each pushing the next person back. Seeing this, Zane brought the chain underneath her, and Juliet jumped back.

"This is fun!" Juliet sang. Zane blocked her using the chains, then lunged at her in mid air. Juliet threw a semi-circle of small blades, and Zane blocked them, and they clattered to the ground. He then smiled maniacally, and taking one of his daggers, plunged it straight into Juliet's arm.

Juliet dropped down, frowning. "This better not leave an infection."

Zane grabbed the blade out using the chains, and blood spewed all over the floor. Juliet only seemed annoyed at the blood, rather than being alarmed over the wound she had. A large gaping hole extending about a foot laid in her arm.

"That's disgusting." Trystan said, his face mirroring his words. Kenya sighed, and Gavin watched silently.

"It's just blood. Get over it." Kenya said. Trystan shivered in disgust.

"But how does someone enjoy it?" Trystan murmured.

"I see it as a way to wear down opponents." Kenya commented. "By seeing your own blood, people get a momentary jolt of fear. It's quite amusing."

"Gavin? Do you have anything to say about this?" Trystan pleaded. Gavin discreetly stared, then looked at him.

"I want to join." He said. The two stared at him in surprise.

"Wait, Gavin..." Kenya trailed off. Gavin quietly took his war hammer off his back, then charged towards Zane. Zane glanced at his left, then responded by throwing chains around him. Zane jumped up in the air, then landed on his feet. He stared from above, watching his two opponents.

Zane cocked his head. "Gavin?"

Gavin nodded wordlessly, and Juliet moaned.

"Gavin, I wanted to play with him!" Juliet whined like a kid.

"Sorry." Gavin replied. Juliet snorted.

"Might as well let you fight him." Juliet said. Gavin stood still for a moment.

"No. Both of us." He replied. Juliet looked at him in shock, then shrugged it off.

"Fine. But I want a rematch later!" She shouted at Zane.

"Zane are you fine with this?" Kenya asked. Zane smiled.

"It's actually better. The more casualties, the more exciting the show shall be." Zane replied with a bright smile on his face. He jumped down to face the two, and Gavin started out by charging with his war hammer. He swung it above Zane, but Zane caught it with his hand.

"Easy there." Zane replied. He looked over at Juliet who was running up behind him, and struck out with his dagger. Juliet jumped over it, and continued running.

Zane allowed her to keep running, then stepped behind to allow her to crash into Gavin. Instead, Juliet crouched down and raked her blade in a circle, cutting Gavin in the stomach.

"Oopsies!" Juliet said. Gavin grunted, and the two faced off Zane, who remained unharmed.

Gavin again ran at Zane with his hammer, but Zane looked at him with boredom.