Episode 21

Zane groaned, then woke up. He was floating aimlessly in a dark roomed area filled with doors. Zane moved left to right, and found he could propel himself in this state.

Where am I? He thought annoyed. He knew he knocked himself out to reach headquarters, but he didn't know where he was.

Is this another one of those dreams? I really don't care. In fact, I would encourage you to bring it. I would love to see someone's pain tonight. Zane thought. He floated through the darkness, and multiple doors laid closed.

A bit curious, Zane opened one of the doors. He saw a scene of him fighting a man in an arena.

Is that the tournament? Zane pondered. He carefully observed the scene, then paused. The door closed, then disappeared. It then reappeared, and branched off into five different doors.

Ah, I see. The doors represented the different futures. As soon as Zane observed one future, more doors appeared as they showed five more futures which could happen.

In other words, the more Zane knew about the future, the more he would know about his opponent. The more he knew, the more options his opponent would use. Hence, the future branches off due to the numerous number of possibilities to happen.

Zane maneuvered through all the doors. He had wanted to open them all, but realized it wouldn't be wise to. By opening all the doors, a number of catastrophes could occur by him knowing.

Zane sighed. He had really wanted to see another memory of him ruling over the ice emperor, but his dream prevented him from doing so.

The dark world started shaking, and Zane looked up. Overhead, he saw light ripping into the world, tearing apart the room.

I guess it's time for me to wake up. Zane thought. With a sigh, he closed his eyes.

"Sleepyhead, wake up!" Juliet shouted. Zane blinked, and found Juliet staring at his white eyes. He pushed her away, and Juliet bounced from him.

"You've been out for an hour! Why'd you take so long." Juliet complained.

"Maybe because there was no other way to knock me out, other than physically knocking me out." Zane retorted. Juliet sighed.

"Come on! We'll be late for dinner." Juliet said. She dragged Zane out of the helicopter, and the two walked alone in a corridor.

"Say, where did Kenya go?" Zane asked Juliet. Juliet shrugged.

"No clue. But I'm sure we'll see them at dinner tonight." Juliet replied.

"What's so special about tonight?" Zane asked.

"Dunno. But Kenya said she'll be mad at me if I don't bring you and myself along, so here we are!" Juliet said, skipping around.

Zane looked around himself. "Why isn't anyone else here?" He asked.

"Probably since this is an exclusive corridor for the higher ups." Juliet said. She opened a door, and another long dark hall greeted them.

"Will I see the others tonight?" Zane asked.

Juliet nodded her head. "Gavin said he'll be there, and Trystan too. I think Kenya might be waiting for us, but Muskrat said he's busy tonight."

"What're the others like?" Zane asked Juliet. Juliet paused.

"Well, I think you already know Trystan. He's pretty nice, but he can't stand the sight of blood. He can also be extremely clueless when it comes to certain topics, which is so annoying." Juliet muttered.